Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
What about using the FSVT master cylinder? Would that help with the distribution? I havent seen a FSVT MC so Im just spitballing.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Nope. The Focus MC is smaller.
And changing the MC won't change the bias. *at least not static.

Being smaller it will provide more pressure for the given leg. That's going to mean two things; longer pedal (probably bottomed with massive rear calipers) and increased pressure which will only go to activate a prop valve sooner, thus cutting rear pressure sooner.

If you were to run all that caliper piston area I'd say do a 1.062 or 1.125" mc. Lower out put per leg, firmer feel, and ample volume.

*what I find interesting is that in the 12 years I've been playing with this stuff I see the factory changing how they do things too. Used to be that most of the car had large piston areas and larger bore MCs than I'm seeing on current cars. They have opted for larger rotors- from about 10" to a more common 11.5 as a rough guess. This nets the same things we in the biz offer but on a more tame level. The single pot on the Impala SS is huge, the SHO quite large, the Contour stil much bigger than say that found on the SRT4 or the small parts on the MINI. The current design seems to favor more rotor, less pistona and elevated line pressures. Can you guys comment?

Last edited by Todd TCE; 11/04/05 02:59 PM.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Wow. This is so informative. So what happens when you raise the front piston and rotor size but keep the same rear piston size using bigger rotors.
In effect, you change piston size on your front kits and use the stock rear caliper with bigger rotors.
I guess what i'm asking is this: If you don't change the rear piston size and pad type then what good is the larger rear rotor and how does it throw off the bias with larger fronts? With stock fronts?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by warmonger:
Wow. This is so informative. So what happens when you raise the front piston and rotor size

The front bias % goes up.

but keep the same rear piston size using bigger rotors.

The rear bias % goes up.

In effect, you change piston size on your front kits and use the stock rear caliper with bigger rotors.

Depending upon the numbers you end up right back to the same basic % the factory started with- or very near it.

I guess what i'm asking is this: If you don't change the rear piston size and pad type then what good is the larger rear rotor

It adds leverage in simple effect, adds more thermal capacity, balances out the front kit, and looks better.

and how does it throw off the bias with larger fronts?

It doesn't.

With stock fronts?

It could have a bad effect.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok, this is what I got out of that:
- raising the fronts with the FSVT kit will increase the front bias which isn't dangerous at all.
- raising the rear bias without touching the fronts is bad, and is accomplished by pad or piston change. Rotor affects it less.

- raising the front bias and increasing just the rotor diameter on the rears with everything else the same seems to be ok.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Hey, when are these brackets coming to a CEG'er "near me"?

i want wit 300mm rotors...............

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard