CEG\'er
T
makes you were in the brake kit biz eh?

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
i'm in for stock E0 calipers if this will happen.

what's the status on fitment inside E0 wheels?
anyone test fit?

if this doesn't happen soon, i'll just shell out for the FSVT calipers and then i'll test fit my E0 (winter) wheels...

thanks for any and all effort on this whole upgrade. i love it.

for sale: E0 (98) Silver Frost SVT/Contour http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=667 wanted: front SVT bumper mesh, 01/02 S4 avant, nogaro blue.
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
I'm interested in this too. I converted to E1 SVT years ago and they are starting to look small. Has anyone actually compared a FSVT and a Tour rotor side by each? Is hat height the same? Are they the same thickness? What about the center hole for the hub? There could be other diffs than diameter.

96LXV6 heavily un-modded due to family addition. 87Renault GTA convertible, chopped springs, Ford Premium Sound, but otherwise stock.
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by NMC:
I'm interested in this too. I converted to E1 SVT years ago and they are starting to look small. Has anyone actually compared a FSVT and a Tour rotor side by each? Is hat height the same? Are they the same thickness? What about the center hole for the hub? There could be other diffs than diameter.

If you had paid some attention to the discussion you would know this stuff.

The rotor offset is ~3mm different. Contour and focus as well as several other vehicles (including the venerable XR4Ti) are hubcentric to the same diameter. And Rotor thickness is either the same or not different enough to matter.

The bottom line is that for now, there will be no adapters available. There simply isn't enough room to get everyhting bolted together. I will continue to work on it as I have time in hopes of coming up with something, but don't hold your breath.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Would it be any easier to work on an adapter from plain Tour 260mm rotors, instead of SVT 278mm ones? Maybe that would be more doable, and maybe even more potential buyers.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Unless there is a difference in knuckles that I don't know of you're in for the same problem. You're not adapting the rotors as much as you are adapting the caliper to fit the knuckle and its increase in dia. All this moving a caliper outward on r by only a marginal amount just doesn't work.

A couple of us know why, the rest, please take our word for it.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Has there been an update on this at all? Or did I just miss it.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Im going to maintain my stance that the most straightforward, and easiest thing to do is just buy the SVT Focus rotors and calipers. With the core exchange that bill jenkins will give you on your old svt calipers, the total cost is $360. Can't beat that.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Agree'd! 15K on my FSVT fronts, 2 track days, 1 autocross and they're still like new!

1999 SVT Contour, 2004 SRT4 & Lots Others... Currently building my 1999 SVT for NASA's TT REAL racers do it twisty!!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Can anyone post pics of the svt rotors vs the focus rotors. I just cant seem to picture the size difference.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard