Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
As a side note...BAT is now offering FSVT 300mm rotors ($46 per)- no, not the big brake kit...and Mintex AF pads ($56)...looks like the brackets will soon follow...?

W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
The only reason I keep pestering you RARA is that I have probably 3 projects going at once right now and I don't have time to fabricate one!

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Hey, if you guys get this thing going again, I'm in.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I have two projects in front of this, but I'll put this as number 3 to start work on. If I get it made I will then offer a group buy on them that will cover the prototype costs and manufacturing costs...I'm not looking to make any money on it.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by warmonger:
I have two projects in front of this, but I'll put this as number 3 to start work on. If I get it made I will then offer a group buy on them that will cover the prototype costs and manufacturing costs...I'm not looking to make any money on it.

Tom

That'd be sweet.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by warmonger:

Tom

Yup, that's exactly what my goal was. problem is that a workable design is quite difficult. I had another, ever better option, but it fell through for commercial reasons.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'll take a WAG here and say that your basic problem lies in the fit of one bracket over the holes of the other. The first has a radius of X the second Y. When you move Y out and on a bracket the holes of X seem to be over them. Sorta half and half not allowing you enough room to place the bolts through any of the holes. If you were going from say 9" to 15" rotors the size change would be big enough to accomodate this but from perhaps 10-11" the offset change is just too small.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
yup, and even rotating them doesn't buy me anything. For a one off, I would consider just milling clearance into the anchor bracket for the fasteners, but not for something to make in any quantity, as who knows what methods folks would decide to use to clearnace the stock anchor brackets

I'm sure there's a way around it, but I haven't had the time to invest in it. Tood, if you want to "team up" we can compare notes on where I am and see what we could come up together . . . lord knows your bracket manufacturing contacts for the quantities we are talking about here are much better (I'm used to dealing with volumes anywhere from 40-250k vehicle sets per year) Toss me a PM if you want to discuss it further.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
The best suggestion I can offer you Rara is that you look at all the hardware options you have to choose from and make the best call from there.

Your suggestion on how to get around it on a 'one-off' are fine but as you suspect this just ain't gonna fly trying to sell it to someone. Way too much work. Trust me; it's hard enough to get some people to figure out how to do a simple bolt up, let alone let them loose with a grinder...lol.

I can't say I really have much interest (nor the need for) helping on it. It's the same problem if I tried it. Even at that, selling a dozen sets of brackets wouldn't come close to compensating for the time on them. I'm sure you're figuring this out too.

You do the leg work and if I can help you on the mfg, let me know.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Todd,

Say Rara doesn't have time to make a bracket. If I manage to come up with a bracket design would you extend the same offer to me?

Tom

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard