Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I would have a strong interest in this brake package, upgrading from a standard tour... if it fits inside E0 rims. Alas, I have rear drums, so hopefully you'll have a front-only option.

Say, do cars with rear discs manage to dissipate more braking heat in the back than cars without do, or is everybody pretty much stuck with 80+% of the braking happening in front?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm of no help on your hoses gents, all the hoses I use are specifically for the fittings I use and to my specs for the application. I can do Earl's product but given Summit 'screw the small shop attitude' I cannot or will not compete with their pricing. I can't make it up on neon wiper blades.

Now if you want to do a complete upgrade....then the hoses are included.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:

Say, do cars with rear discs manage to dissipate more braking heat in the back than cars without do, or is everybody pretty much stuck with 80+% of the braking happening in front?

The limiting of braking available for use from the rear has almost zero to do with heat, but everything with weight balance of the vehicle.

And this kit would only be for the front anyway.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
So you can take full advantage of one's rear brakes by, say, loading six dead bodies in the trunk?

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
I'm interested in a set. My rotors have been slightly warped for a long time and I think they're too thin to turn again. I don't really need more aggressive brakes but maybe larger rotors will be less prone to warping.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
E
ejo Offline
E
Just saw this today 65.109.103.142/files/cbrake.pdf
on the last page of file- FSVT rotors & pads for a decent price. Kinda goes along with the thread.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Yeah, I saw that, I am really curious as to where they are getting those rotors, as they are awfully cheap, but they don't look to be actual Ford rotors, which on the FSVT appear to be top notch quality, and run ~$90+ from a dealer.

Good to see there are some decent aftermarket pads out for the FSVT caliper now though.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I rarely check the brake section (my brakes are still strong at 60K).
However, I think a package in which 1) I don't have to touch the brake lines 2) I get bigger rotors 3) I can use the stock calipers sounds great . Will you offer this package at a later date?

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Any updates on the bracket?

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
completely stalled at this point, no oppurtunity to work on it.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard