Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I'm also interested in pursuing larger rotors, if they can fit inside E0 rims, which would probably be awfully tight with FSVT rotors.

My current brakes are just not adequate for mountain descents.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yes I would be able to help out here and add to the pacjkage witha set of Bendix Titanium Pads to the Kit. I wish we could find out if Autospecialty already has the casting mold for the FSVT rotors as I can DEFINITELY beat $90 a rotor!

Rara, I assume that the new FSVT rotor is totally new, as I doubt any other Ford with a 4-bolt hub has ever had a 12" rotors, correct?

I have to start digging here too.

Rara, if you want to give me a rotors and caliper bracket from your FSVT brakes I'll try them out with my E1 calkipers and see if it's a simple bolt on affair.....

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
lol, I've got a set of E1's on my car too stazi

I'm working on beating the $90 / rotor as well, that is just the last Ford price I heard on them.

Fwiw, the FSVT rotor is unique to the FSVT, and is a very well done rotor, very beefy.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Oops, forgot to mention, the bracket design is progressing.
We have a viable solution, just need to devise a fastening strategy that will fit in the available space.

And then we will see what the machine shop says.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
If you can't fatten, add a rib at least. Rememebr beaming anaylsis from Uni?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I am real interested in this too. I just bought a set of BAT??s 17? Rousch Racing wheels and tires and was planning to purchase the $300 BAT "Big Brake Kit C" (non-SVT caliper custom brackets, SVT rotors, pads). I am going to hold off this purchase to see what happens here.

In my case I suppose I need a set of SVT E1 calipers, custom brackets (yeah!) and Focus SVT rotors. IMHO the larger the rotor diameter the better. If somebody offers a kit to upgrade non-SVT contours with this hardware, I think it could sell reasonably well (assuming the costs can be kept down).

What about using Focus SVT calipers as part of this upgrade path for non-SVT contours?

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
If you can't fatten, add a rib at least. Rememebr beaming anaylsis from Uni?

Unfortunately, its not a matter of brackets stiffness at this point. Its a matter of getting a bolt to fit under the anchor bracket and still go through the adapter bracket and the mounts on the spindle. The brackets are actually significantly thicker/larger than I had originally envisioned due to package constraints but we are getting there.

JED,

Actually, we are working on a bracket that will work for the regular contour calipers as well, so all you would need is the rotors, brackets, and some new pads to go with the rotors.

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Updates?

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Unfortunately, no real updates from me. We came up with a design that needed to be tested, and had some problems with the CAD files not transferring to the machine shop correctly.

My CAD guy is out of town on business for awhile, and I've not had time to sort it out over the last few weeks (extremely busy, and sick for several weeks)

I'm hoping to get the CAD issues straightened out here in a week or so, and get back to trying to get a prototype set made.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok, I know you have nothing better to do...so where is it?

I'm about ready for that front brake upgrade with a set of Bendix titaniums.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard