Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Well does anyone have a Baer kit not installed so we could borrow the brackets to copy?

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
id love to get a bigger set of rotors, my stock ones look puny under my 17" rims

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Just an FYI for you guys looking for the focus brakes.
I've stepped up the investigation into doing this. I'm hoping to have a bracket design complete, and off to the machine shop to get quoted before the weekend is out. Also in the works is an attempt to get some volume pricing on SVT Focus rotors, we'll have to see how that goes.

If things work out the way I hope, I will be offering brackets and SVT Focus rotors as a kit; Initially only for SVT's and Cougars w/ the stock 278mm rotors, but depending on demand, a kit for the regular contours and cougars that came w/ 260mm front rotors. Though I don't plan to include pads w/ the kit, you should get a new set of pads for use w/ the larger rotor (too many different choices, though if demand is high enough, perhaps Stazi and I can work something out w/ the Bendix pads along w/ the kit . . .) and keep your current pads w/ your current rotors if you need to switch back (like if you are going to run 15" wheels for the winter) That way you won't need to be constantly re-bedding pads, and killing the wear on them, and on the rotors.

Anyway, just thought I'd give folks a heads up, and more info will be coming as I figure out more on this. I just hope prices can be kept reasonable. Just to give you guys an idea, I believe the OEM SVTF rotors are running ~$90 each right now.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
What will this upgrade do for us. Is it larger rotors, new caliper?? Just curious. I am not up to speed on the Focus conversion deal. Good job Rara. I will ask again. Anyone have a bracket for their Baer brakes. Just adding another option.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Right now, the plan is for a kit that will consist of a pair of Focus SVT front rotors (300mm rotors vs. the CSVT 278mm rotors) and a set of bracket adapters to allow use of your existing Contour SVT caliper with them, and the necessary hardware to bolt it up.

Right now, the plan is to test them only on E1 calipers, but they should work on E0 calipers as well. The kit should work for COugars w/ the 278mm rotors as well.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Great Work, glad to see you got it handled. Let me know as soon as you get something working.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Rara:
Right now, the plan is for a kit that will consist of a pair of Focus SVT front rotors (300mm rotors vs. the CSVT 278mm rotors) and a set of bracket adapters to allow use of your existing Contour SVT caliper with them, and the necessary hardware to bolt it up.

Right now, the plan is to test them only on E1 calipers, but they should work on E0 calipers as well. The kit should work for COugars w/ the 278mm rotors as well.

Hey , i am def interested in this as well. I am getting some brake calipers and brackets from a cougar so that i could upgrade to svt contour brakes, but please keep us informed i would love to have bigger brakes in the front.

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thanks for the progress update and the hint on the rotor cost.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i am also interested in the brackets for my svt. hmmm bigger rotors...

2004 silver srt-4 with some mods(FOR SALE) ;-) 1998 t-red CSVT stock and beat up :-( 1997 z24 cavalier with some mods(FOR SALE) :-? old ride- 98 Silver CSVT with some mods ;-)
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Well, we were hoping to have a design ready to go to the machine shop today, but we hit a snag in making it all fit together, so we are going to revisit it next week and see if we can come up w/ another way for the bracket to work.

On a side note, it looks like we would be able to offer a set for regular contours as well without major difficulty, once a basic bracket design is established.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard