Print Thread
#623814 05/03/03 05:56 PM
K
keroy Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Att: ABWAMO: I see in your signature that you've got the Quaife/Fidenza set up. I'm about to order the Torsen T2. Was wondering what you had to say about your set-up. Also, who does your install work here in Edmonton?

Kevin.

'99 CSVT,#79/2760,Black/Blue,H&R's,BAT struts,BAT"22mm" rear sway bar,poly bushings,K&N RU-3530,DP MAF adapter,Magnaflow 10425 Res.,Tranny cocktail,FSVT rims, Falken Ziex 512 235/45ZR17's, SS brakelines.
#623815 05/04/03 11:20 PM
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
The Quaife is really nice to have as an added security over our [censored] differentials and the handling when cornering will be improved significantly. I never dared to go over 80km/h on Groat Rd with my open diff but now I can cruise between 100 and 120km/h with my 8yr old stock suspension, except I donā??t do that anymore since I moved out of the city ā??got to find a local road with twisties around hereā?. Once you are in a turn punch it and let the Quaife take care of the rest, pulling you into the inside of the corner by delivering the needed power to each wheel.
If you are planning a tear down in the near future Iā??d say go for it, but costs are going to be high. I paid close to $5k for clutch flywheel LSD and rebuild trans plus few other minor repairs.
I donā??t know about the flywheel adding power but I know my car is faster now; Iā??m up in my power range a lot faster as a rev way faster than before. One more thing if you are getting the fidanza and planning to get a racing clutch ask around and search because not all clutches are compatible with the fidanza. I have nothing bad to say about Centerforce DF, had it on my car for a year now and I love it ā??actually I highly recommend itā?.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
#623816 05/06/03 03:34 AM
K
keroy Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Ya, I like the way you describe it. It is pretty much what I'd expect. I can tell ya that looking out the window at this snow coming down right now, I wish I had that set-up for the drive to work in the morning. My CSVT is my year round daily driver and, in this town with it's eight months of winter driving, it could only be plus,plus. I really got the fever right now because I'm entered in a couple of timed track events again this summer and I want to WIN! The events are SVTOA which means I'll be driving against more than a few Cobra's. For sure they murder me on the straights, so I need to compete in the turns. I'm sure that a Quaife,or a Torsen, and an ultra light flywheel,will definately get me through and out of the turns much faster and easier. Any of you guy's had your car on a road track yet. It is full tilt ...YA!

'99 CSVT,#79/2760,Black/Blue,H&R's,BAT struts,BAT"22mm" rear sway bar,poly bushings,K&N RU-3530,DP MAF adapter,Magnaflow 10425 Res.,Tranny cocktail,FSVT rims, Falken Ziex 512 235/45ZR17's, SS brakelines.
#623817 05/06/03 05:19 AM
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
i'm thinking about road track events but i need to upgrade my suspension first. Plus i have to fix the body first due to an unexpected fender bender earlier this winter, which already costed me $1600
Maybe later this summer if i save enough money and if work gives me days off to get back to the city. It seems like the only weekend i'll have off this summer is the 3rd weekend of July for the Western Canada Meet.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard