Next Thread
Print Thread
#62364 06/03/02 09:42 PM
B
buchsvt Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello,
My A/C died yesterday. It was working perfectly the day before. I can still hear it turning on and off. Any ideas what it could be? Where would I add freon if that is the problem?

Thanks

EDIT: I had the high and low side mixed up. I tried putting R134 in it, and it wasn't taking it at all.

98 E0
KKM
Rear SVT emblem (Thanks nyceboi!)
.. more to come
H
H
This air conditioner has a over pressure switch, and a pressure up/down switch. The pressure regulating switch is located on the receiver dryer. The switch on the receiver dryer should be normally closed. If it is open, the compressor will stop, reducing the over pressure condition. This switch has violet and orange/violet wires on it. With the airconditioner off, the contacts should be shorted when checked with an ohmeter. The pressure up/down switch, which is in series with the over pressure cycling switch is normally open. It is located near the high pressure Schrader valve. IT has violet and blue/violet wires. You cannot change these switches without bleeding down the system, and refilling it. Unfortunately, this is not a DIY job. You need special equipment.

The Shrader vavle on the low pressure side is the one on the receiver dryer input.

1995 V6 GL 5 spd
No mods
92,000 miles, just broken in

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard