Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Bad News..

The rep from Mystical Speed just called me with some bad news. He received a phone call from Dropzone today saying that they will officially not be selling the springs. Simply because of the original problems of design. They cannot seem to make the spring fit properly so they are tossing the contour to the trashcan.

I am dissapointed and I know alot of you all will be also. However talking to him he does sell H&R and Eibach, so if any of you are interested in that product let me know and I will see what they can do on price for them.

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
gayyyyyyyyy...if the f*ckin Honda springs didn't fit they'd be all over that sh!t...how stupid.

where the hell are we ever gonna get springs for that price?!?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

gayyyyyyyyy...if the f*ckin Honda springs didn't fit they'd be all over that sh!t...how stupid.

Might have a little something to do with the fact that they can sell about 1,000,000,000 sets of Civic springs, but they'd be lucky to sell 100 sets of Contour springs. And when you're selling the springs as cheap as they do, it's all about economies of scale.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
so what, what kind of company just gives up...how retarded is that...if u can't get a damn spring to fit around a strut what does that say about your business?!

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
It means they feel they can better spend their time elsewhere.

Is the extra $100 for a set of decent, proven springs too much for you? Its not as though it is a critical component which may have a direct impact on the longevity of your life.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

so what, what kind of company just gives up...how retarded is that...if u can't get a damn spring to fit around a strut what does that say
about your business?!

Designing, machining, fabricating, and testing a spring (or any metal item with very low tolerance for error) could easily run into tens of thousands of dollars. If they make $10 profit on a set, they would have to sell several thousand sets to even think about breaking even.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by MotorCity:
It means they feel they can better spend their time elsewhere.

Is the extra $100 for a set of decent, proven springs too much for you? Its not as though it is a critical component which may have a direct impact on the longevity of your life.

its not too much for me just more than I wanna pay...would you like to pay the additonal $100 for me?

also if you can't design the springs right then you must be in the wrong business...I can understand working on it BEFORE you offer it but then the offer it, pull it, then say f*ck it is just crappy business.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'm sure what happened was that they were told, believed, or led to believe that a size spring that fit another car also fit the 'Tour. So they had 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Lots of cars out there share spring sizes.

After they initially offered it they must have found out that they didn't fit exactly and pulled the part.

That's not crappy business. Crappy busines would have been not pulling the part and just letting people buy them even though they weren't an exact fit. Happens all the time in business.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
If we can get a good deal on some H&R or Eibach springs I'm in.

98 SE V6 MTX T RED bridgestone potenza re950 open air filter side makers and removed ding guards , gutted percats, no muffler SVT brakes SpecIII cluch and spec flywheel torsen diff soon
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
how bout a GB on B&G

1999 SVT #336 Tropic Green 19" Axis Se7ens INJEN intake OMP Strut Brace HPP Rear Brace B&G Drop www.cardomain.com/id/svtpyr8
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard