Print Thread
#618788 04/29/03 10:40 PM
L
lardy Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I spent most of my day taking the door panels off, removing my components, drilling holes for new speaker wiring, sound deadening the door panels with mat and then spray stuff. Man it was a long day.

Now I'm about to do the doors. The outer door panel will be no problem. Just reaching through the middle door panel will be a pain.

What about the large hole at the rear of the door? I've ripped out the foam, and am planning on spaning it with some thin pieces of 2" mild steel, then deadening over top of those so its fairly rigid.

The other problem I have are the extremely large holes for the door pockets? It seems like they extend in past the level of the middle door panel. Since they are right beside the speaker I'd figure they are the most important to seal. Should I just build up around the edge of the hole so that the pocket is tight against it, and sort of seals once its put back in place with the door panel?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lardy.

Previous owner of a 99 Mystique V6 MTX Black Current owner of a 2004 Maxima SE MTX Silver Forsale: Yakima roof rack. Q-towers, bars, clips, locks. Good condition.
L
lardy Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Wow 10000 views and not one reply. Cool!

Previous owner of a 99 Mystique V6 MTX Black Current owner of a 2004 Maxima SE MTX Silver Forsale: Yakima roof rack. Q-towers, bars, clips, locks. Good condition.
L
lardy Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Anyone done this stuff before?

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Wish i could help...sadly i havent done this stuff before!
btw...popular thread...12K hits?!

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
i too have never done such a thing. i've just done simple dynomat stuff. and yes. are they giving away free stuff to anyone who views this thread? if so i can give out my mailing address

Last edited by jshimer23; 05/01/03 03:24 AM.

01 Black Honda S2000 99 svt Tred/tan #2394 of 2760 on July 29, 1999 *SOLD*
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Quote:

What about the large hole at the rear of the door? I've ripped out the foam, and am planning on spaning it with some thin pieces of 2" mild steel, then deadening over top of those so its fairly rigid.

Thats a cool idea. I used a piece of 1/8" plastic to cover the hole, then put damping sheets over it. For the bottom hole (map pocket), I put the sheets on the inside of the plastic door panel, so when I put the door panel back on, it sealed up against the metal part of the door. It seems to work pretty good so far. HTH.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
L
lardy Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Well I got jiggy wit some sheet metal to solve my problems.

I cut some panels to fit over the large holes. Made a curved section that matched the door pocket cutout pretty well.

Now the doors are really well sealed. Less road noise and better bass response.

L.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard