Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61833 05/28/02 08:23 PM
D
OP Offline
D
98 Countour V6 80K miles. About 6 months ago I replaced the front rotors/ pads and the problem was solved for a few months. Now the problem is back and the front rotors look good as far as I can tell using a straight edge. I also cleaned and lubricated the piston that allows the outside disk to apply pressure. In checking back brakes I found they are worn very little considering 80K miles. It feels like too much pressure is going to front brakes. If I pull up emergency brake car comes to a slow smooth stop. Any ideas? den

#61834 05/28/02 08:25 PM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by denbey43:
98 Countour V6 80K miles. About 6 months ago I replaced the front rotors/ pads and the problem was solved for a few months. Now the problem is back and the front rotors look good as far as I can tell using a straight edge. I also cleaned and lubricated the piston that allows the outside disk to apply pressure. In checking back brakes I found they are worn very little considering 80K miles. It feels like too much pressure is going to front brakes. If I pull up emergency brake car comes to a slow smooth stop. Any ideas? den
hmm... not sure bout your vibration problem, usually that's a warped rotor. there's definitely something up with your front brakes though. your emergency brake only yanks your rear brakes, not your fronts. so if you pull it and it's smooth stopping then your front brakes are the culprit.

-Dan
1998.5 SVT "Black and Blue" #5292
See here for MOD list.
"Washing your car to make it rain does not work."

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard