Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Ed98.5SVT:

I am actually thinking about doing my crank seal while you are at Mike's and we have all the tools. The leak is driving me crazy and I would like to just fix the damn thing. Would you mind offering you assistance?????

If I just ask for a bolt and washer at the dealer for the crank pulley, they would give me the correct items???? You don't need a special bolt do you???????

I thought you already had this done by the dealer shortly after you noticed the leak!

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

I am actually thinking about doing my crank seal while you are at Mike's and we have all the tools. The leak is driving me crazy and I would like to just fix the damn thing. Would you mind offering you assistance?????

If I just ask for a bolt and washer at the dealer for the crank pulley, they would give me the correct items???? You don't need a special bolt do you???????

I thought you already had this done by the dealer shortly after you noticed the leak!

No, I went and ordered the bolt and washer and it never came in, so I just forgot about it with the long winter and all. Now I have started to notice the leak again and it is bugging me. It doesn't leak much, but it is enough to leave a couple of drops in the parking lot after I turn off the car. Plus the the oil gets all over everything and makes diagnosing leaks troublesome.

Anybody have info on the bolt I need???? I think I just ordered the stock bolt before.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

I am actually thinking about doing my crank seal while you are at Mike's and we have all the tools.

give them the actual Ford part numbers, then there is no confusion.

Crankshaft pulley bolt F5RZ-6A340-B (about $6)

Crankshaft seal F5AZ-6700-A (about $9)

crankshaft pulley washer F5RZ-6378-A (about $4)

Yes, the bolts and washers are special. I'd be reluctant to use anything other than Ford OEM parts for the application.

Steve, I just picked up your seal today. It was $9.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'll see if Robin and I can whip up one of our dishes... not sure which it'll be, though!

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by bishop375:
I'll see if Robin and I can whip up one of our dishes... not sure which it'll be, though!

doesn't require use of elky's oven does it.

Elky, does the oven work yet?

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by JSmith:

Steve, I just picked up your seal today. It was $9.

Thanks Jay, I appreciate it! Can't wait to get that puppy on! Do you want me to paypal you or give you the money that day? Either way is fine with me!

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
E
ElKy Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
the oven has always worked...its just ugly is all.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
grrr, the weather is clear but there is now a chance of showers in my area on friday

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by cruises8:
I Can give you the money that day

I'm such a deviant

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
I guess I can bring some beverages

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard