Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Kevdogg410:
There is so much hostility on what goes in what forum..
chalk that up as an issue along with the search and the repost issues

As for your question.. sorry to say I do not have an answer.. sorry..

No hostility intended!

I'm a CEG addict at times and I just was running short on time so I was pointing him/her in the right direction. I'm one of those guys that is vying for the record on CEG for having "consistently the longest posts". Though I must say Rara or Lance can be even more long-w****d than me!
By this I mean I normally take the time to fully answer all questions and I very RARELY make forum&search comments.

But since I frequent the 3L and Forced Induction forums more than the others, I might not see these messages.
Its kind of like advertising.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Brad, thanks for your comments on the Sable verses Camry question I'm facing. Considering that my Mom drives maybe 5,000 miles a year at most, and never at speeds above 55 mph, high performance isn't an issue By the way, she currently has a Mercedes 300D (turbo), so she isn't used to a lot of horsepower! The MB runs flawlessly, but she's uneasy because the car has 100,000 miles on it, and in her generation, cars didn't last past 60,000 miles.

Considering her limited driving, I think a Sable/Taurus will do just fine for her. Its not like she's going to ever put 100,000 miles on it. At least she can get it serviced locally, and she would have to drive a 60 mile round trip to have any Japanese car serviced. I'm not too concerned with durability issues of the Vulcan verses the Duratec engine...we're gonna have to take whichever engine is in the car she likes (color and upholstery being the deciding issue, you know).

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard