Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
bkent, no offense but I really think your missing the point.

No, I think you are...SVT is a business. Their sole purpose on this earth is to make money.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If SVT was a business out to make money why do they make all the SVT's in Limited Numbers? WOW..they are really going to break the bank with 10,000 cobras..

I think your right.. they tried to break the bank in 1999 with the SVT contours when Ford produced just under 3000 of them..give me a break ..

eric

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Its a business , while I understand you wanting to keep your SVT and other SVTs relatively rare , I do too, you dont see the bigger business picture , and so your view is flawed. I understand why you feel this way but it just doenst work out.

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by 21psi2300:

No, I think you are...SVT is a business. Their sole purpose on this earth is to make money.

No, Ford is a company. SVT is a team of engineers and designers within Ford who are charged with the task of taking regular production vehicles and modding them. Note that the 'S' stands for Special, as in unique or different. As for their sole purpose:

Taken from http://www.svt.ford.com:

"The Ford Special Vehicle Team was established in 1991 to 'Polish the Ford Oval by creating low-volume, factory-produced vehicles designed for those select few whose idea of driving is a high-powered, passionate experience - not just a means of getting from point A to point B.

In a move to support this spirited enthusiasm, Ford Motor Company carefully integrated the wide array of talent in the company into a small, cross-functional group of engineers, product planners, and marketing people, housed together under one roof with a common mission: to create vehicles specifically designed to meet the unique needs and desires of the knowledgeable driving enthusiast."

The low-volume term is the key thing. I understand Ford needs to advertise their products to keep them competetive, but the issue at hand is if they're advertising SVT cars, will those models continue to be "low-volume" cars "designed to meet the unique needs and desires of the knowledgeable driving enthusiast," or will they become mass-produced mass-marketed junk?

Last edited by hetfield; 04/23/03 08:08 PM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
The SVT Focus has to compete with the advertised Si's, SER's, Type-S's and the like... THEY HAVE TOO!

At least it wasn't a "Focus Nation - represent" commercial (for those not in the know i'm making light of the "Civic Nation" commercial.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If SVT was a business out to make money why do they make all the SVT's in Limited Numbers? WOW..they are really going to break the bank with 10,000 cobras..

I think your right.. they tried to break the bank in 1999 with the SVT contours when Ford produced just under 3000 of them..give me a break ..

eric

you're sadly mistaken if you think that SVT does not try to make money for Ford. if they were in the red each year they'd be done for.

and your limited numbers argument is faulty.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
Its a business , while I understand you wanting to keep your SVT and other SVTs relatively rare , I do too, you dont see the bigger business picture , and so your view is flawed. I understand why you feel this way but it just doenst work out.

were're talking SVT not FORD.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

eric

you're sadly mistaken if you think that SVT does not try to make money for Ford. if they were in the red each year they'd be done for.

and your limited numbers argument is faulty.

why is my limited numbers argument faulty? I believe SVT's #1 priority wasn't profit.

H
H
As an aside, the SVT webpage is pretty darn cool... you can compare up to three different SVT vehicles. Lots of juicy info!

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I was talking specifically about the R, and mostly TV. Roz how do you like your headers?

eric

The headders were great up until they got stolen....i was changeing the gaskets in my yard and someone snuck into my back yard and stole them while i went to pick up lunch.

But since im going with the turbo they come with heardders so it was 600 dollars wasted n-e-ways. For n/a cars and if your not going forced induction or if your just going to use Nitrous...they are great.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard