Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Im gutting the cats as we speak....i got the back one guted but the front im having trouble...i do not want to cut or drill a hole into but i will do it as a last resort....But is there any way to gut the front cat with out cutting???

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
As far as the front cat you might have to drill a hole big enough to put an 1/4 or 3/8 extension through it and hammer the stuff out. then all you have to so is weld the little hole back up.

2000 Black SVT Contour He who says Nitrous is cheating just got beat. www.Fast4doors.com
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Whats the deal guys?? Don't you think the precats where put there for a reason?? Why would you gut them? Why not just get a high flow Y or something

Canada = little France
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by armstrkw:
Whats the deal guys?? Don't you think the precats where put there for a reason?? Why would you gut them? Why not just get a high flow Y or something

MORE POWER!!!

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I was thinking about gutting my precats, but Ontario now has emmissions and I'm worried if I'll pass the test or not. I'm also considerin MSDS hedders if I can make some decent $$$ this summer... I hate being in college....

1997 Thunderbird LX Clairion HU, sub and amp In the works: true duals, headers, cobra MAF In the works: Mustang with a big block
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
any rough estimates on power to be gained.also will you need mil eliminators?

2001 mondeo st24 rsap saloon,piper x cone filter,pro flow 75mm maf,cta,svt tb,silicone engine hoses,ecotec valve,twin cat back zorst,17 inch bsa 214 alloys,lowered 40 mm,st200 full interior
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by harry hatchet:
any rough estimates on power to be gained.also will you need mil eliminators?

I think someone dynoed this mod at 5-6 HP gain but they may have had some other mods included. You'll need mil eliminators for the after-cat set of O2 sensors or you'll have a constant CEL.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Im gutting the cats as we speak....i got the back one guted but the front im having trouble...i do not want to cut or drill a hole into but i will do it as a last resort....But is there any way to gut the front cat with out cutting???

Roz

You MUST cut the front one open, as you REALY need to get all the steel-wool brick-isolator out of there or if any is left over it can be sucked into your engine.

It happened on canamSVT's engine, and it toasted it. He now has a 3L, but that's not the way he planned on getting one.......

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
no cel's for me...obd 1 baby

Derek Johnson 88 TurboTBird 32psi, t3/t4 bb 50trim, megasquirt, 3 bar map, 50lb inj, roller cam w adj. gear, header, 3" downpipe and full exhaust, gutted intake manifolds, spec stg 3 95SE 3L gone
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I think the average gain is anywhere from 5-8 hp. You shouldn't have any trouble passing emissions as long as you make the MIL eliminaters. Make sure you follow the directions as stated in the how to. Dont cut corners! It could be the death of you engine!

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard