Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
1. What would one do with their water to air IC in the winter? Empty it out??
2. Even if you added antifreeze...aren't too cold intake temps bad as well??

1. That's why you run an iso/water mix year round. Better cooling ability in the summer and freeze protection in the winter.

2. NO! The colder the better. Now the engine itself can be too cold to run at 100% efficiency, but hardly ever the air charge.
Besides you have a heater (T/C) warming it up anyway

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I owned a '99 lightning for about a year... a very fun year I might add... too bad there isn't a way to fab up something like that....

99 T-Red SVT ***Intrax, Bilsteins, Azenis, Offroad Y, CAI, Tint, Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom Grilles, Poly Mounts, Silverstar Bulbs, 100W Ion Fogs, Focus SVT Wheels, SHO UDP, Ford Racing Wires ***
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I saw a Hood mounted intercooler on a Mitsu Diamante Wagon once.

Actually that's a lie, it was mounted on top of the right side of the engine (above the turbo) - with a Cutout in the hood the size of the intercooler (granted it was a smaller one)along with a little scoop. They had the same problem with intercooler location.

Seemed to have worked well. Wish I had the issue of Turbo I saw it in but it was in like 1996.

Last edited by SalKhan; 04/23/03 01:27 PM.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
I was thinking about fabbing a small side mount off a turbo eclipse or some other factory turbo car. You can get them fairly cheap at junkyards, and you can play with them to fit them.. Just a thought

99 Silverfrost CSVT 35k Miles #91 of 2760 Born 10/98 Mods soon to come
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 1Bad99SVT:
I was thinking about fabbing a small side mount off a turbo eclipse or some other factory turbo car. You can get them fairly cheap at junkyards, and you can play with them to fit them.. Just a thought

Like this?

Note too self...JB Weld doesn't hold up to 9 psi and a hard 1-2 shift

had to scrap the idea due to position of air filter and the fact that I would have to cut a hole in my hood to get sufficient air flow.

But I did have the first intercooled vortech SVT for abour 1 hour

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
Nice work.. But that didnt hold up?? Have you thought about relocating it?

99 Silverfrost CSVT 35k Miles #91 of 2760 Born 10/98 Mods soon to come
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Just like the one I saw on the Diamante except Larger but flatter.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I don't know if this would work, but with the new hood coming out that has the scoop, couldn't you figure out a way to mount the intercooler similar to the WRX, over the UIM. The only draw back that I see is the UIM heat, not letting the IC do it's job correctly, but FluidSVT was talking about spraying his UIM with the same material he puts on his Heat sheild. Just an idea, don't know if it would work. Another idea but I think it wouldn't practically work is to shave the inner part of the bumper away just enough to allow a front mount. There is a celica around here that did that it it looks like it's working out for him.

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Bob Kulstad:
I owned a '99 lightning for about a year... a very fun year I might add... too bad there isn't a way to fab up something like that....

I know that a guy named sean hyland does alot of work for Ford and especially SVT's. He has a "supercooler" that is a top mount for Lightnings. He also offers a 6-speed tranny swap for you guys...now that's what i call fun.

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/

98 E0 T-red CSVT (66k) Borla, FMS wires, BAT intake, Omnifi DMP1, LA mono amp, 12" JL W3v2, NO SUNROOF! "In the poker game of life, women are the rake. The fuching rake." -Worm Looking for good clutch assembly and brakes. PMe
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
What is the spacing size( front bumper to reinforce plastic bumper).......you would think a FMI wouldnt fit on the Cougar, but it does.

Designing the best... and leaving the rest
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard