Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I have a 1998 SVT Contour that is about to become a "project car" and I've looked at making a custom ram air on the fender to scoop the air rolling off of the headlights.

My question to someone smarter than myself:

Will the STOCK computer make the adjustments for the RAM air or will I cause the engine to run to lean?

Thanks,
Tim K.
Tim@Keebortz.com

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
MAF doesn't work with "Ram Air". Plus, to get anything in the range of positive pressure you'll have to be travelling around 120MPH with a big ass scoop. You can have cool(er) air induction with no problems, which is more than likely what you're going to achieve.

Cooler is better.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I side with chris on this....One of my friends has tried the Ram Air technique...and failed....the car keept stalling at idle and he through a CEL for running too lean (too much air being forced through, and ECU could not keep up....well thats our theroy for the Lean code)

Now to get colder air that might work well.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard