Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
i absolutely love you people. this is my first post on this kick-ass forum. i have had this 1-2 bang crap for so damn long. i could never figure the problem out. as soon as i saw the title, i couldnt believe my eyes. i thought i was losing my tranny. i've been having a lot of problems with my 1996 mystique, and i wish i stumbled upon this forum earlier. keep up the great work and you'll hear from me again. im going to go buy that damn sensor first thing tomorrow. so many questions... i guess ill post them in the troubleshooting/general sections.

Thanks again!!!

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
the hardpart was taking the nut off. After that i was expecting it to come out hard, but it just sliped right out, all nice and clean, very clean.

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I just tried to replace mine today. After waiting for some dealer in the states to send the part to my local Ford dealer by courier turtle, ifinally found a sunny day to do the swap. Got the bolt out no problem and the old sensor will spin freely as much as it can but I can't get any outward movement. Soaked it with WD40 for an hour and still no luck. Any suggestions????????

96 Teal Contour Zetec ATX 96K's
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by wallee:
I just tried to replace mine today. After waiting for some dealer in the states to send the part to my local Ford dealer by courier turtle, ifinally found a sunny day to do the swap. Got the bolt out no problem and the old sensor will spin freely as much as it can but I can't get any outward movement. Soaked it with WD40 for an hour and still no luck. Any suggestions????????

Yeah, do exactly what I did. Keep spraying that WD40 and twist and PULL on it. Don't pull extremely hard until you've got it at least half way out. By twisting it back and forth you're actually getting that WD40 further inside and lubricating the entire part. That's probably the only way you'll get it out. Remember, it took me over an hour, so don't feel bad. Just keep twisting it back and forth, keep it lubed up and give it a good tug every once in awhile. Let us know how it goes too!

My old Contour 6/16/03 - Traded in for Mazda Protege 5 speed!
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I changed mine on Friday, man, does it run nice! It is as smooth as my Tribute now. Got it from Bill in Lost Wages. One of the little lock bars broke off but the other one will keep it there.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:
I changed mine on Friday, man, does it run nice! It is as smooth as my Tribute now. Got it from Bill in Lost Wages. One of the little lock bars broke off but the other one will keep it there.

You did that to. Mine was extremely brital. OH well it does make a lot of difference in how my car shifts.

97 Mystquie GS - I4 ATX died at 168K 94 Pontiac Crap AM SE - 2.3L I4 5spd 2002 Mazda Protege5 - 2.0L ATX
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Yay, I finally got around to doing this fix to my Contour. It worked just like I said it would a LONG time ago

-Chris

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
Yay, I finally got around to doing this fix to my Contour. It worked just like I said it would a LONG time ago

-Chris

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Hello,

Will replacing the TSS cure recurring CEL P1744 codes?

I had the CEL P1744 and had the Torque Converter and Toque Converter Selenoid Modulator Valve(?) replaced. 13000 miles later (that's 1000 miles over the dealers repair warranty) I have the same problem.

I was wondering if the something as simple as replacing the TSS will fix the "1-2 Shift-Bang" that is being attributed to the P1744.

I'm not in the mood to shell out another $1000 Plus to have the whole thing replaced again.

Andy

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
My brand-new rebuild also has a white sensor in it but has the 1-2 and reverse bang. So, I've got a replacement sensor coming and I will compare the two in appearance and try the new one to see what happens.

Any update on this ?

98 Contour GL/03 ZX3 Focus/05 ZX3 SES Focus
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard