Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
At first glance, no that's not the right part description. It says it's a Vehicle Speed Sensor, when what you're looking for is a Turbine Speed Sensor. The two are completely different.

The funny thing is that when I tried searching a while ago it couldn't find anything with that part number. And even now, searching for the keywords "turbine" or "TSS" turns up nothing. I haven't purchased my new TSS yet, and I'm hoping that it won't turn into a huge wild goose chase with the dealer.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Go to fordparts.com type in 1S7Z-7M101-KA. I bought mine through them a few days ago for like $14, $20 with shipping.

I sucessfuly installed the TSS on my 1995 Mystique with 80k miles. Works perfectly. There was some concern about the new TSS on older contiques, but I can assure you it works with the old 95's just as well. Best $20 ever spent.

Mystique LS
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
just ordered one of these myself

35$ Canadian

98 contour gl, v6 auto 01 explorer sport v6 auto 2001gtp AT gmail DOT com
H
H
Originally posted by SKWAT:
Go to fordparts.com type in 1S7Z-7M101-KA. I bought mine through them a few days ago for like $14, $20 with shipping.

Thanks, just ordered mine.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I just got mine via Airborne Express today with the TSS and the new 16mm bolt. I'm going to go to my dad's house since he's got all the new shiny tools (and something better than my scissors jack) and put this in hopefully tonight. May have to wait until tomorrow to test it out, but I'll let you all know how well it improves it!

Of course, as someone else had said, it may take awhile for the PCM to "re-learn" with the new TSS, which may be 200 miles or more. But we'll see!

My old Contour 6/16/03 - Traded in for Mazda Protege 5 speed!
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Ok, I got mine all done. I haven't drove it yet, but I just wanted to post before I go out and waste a half tank of gas

Well, the "cut the wheel to the left" trick worked wonders for me, saving me a trip to my parent's house. But the "It's only 15 minutes of work" thing didn't quite cut it....

I went outside, got everything ready and started pulling and twisting on that sucker. It finally started moving, so I twisted it back and forth some more. I spent a good 15 minutes and probably a layer of skin on my fingers/palms from grabbing the pliers, and it still didn't come out one bit. Then I heard the sound that we all dread...

SNAP

The plastic part where the wire clip connector goes on snapped right off. After I got over the "Oh S**T!" reaction, I realized I had a little nub to work with. And then I thought about that can of WD40 I had laying in my storage closet...which, unfortunately, was no where to be found.

I thought I was defeated, but then after looking in the trunk I had a bright idea. So what did yours truly use instead?

ARMOR ALL!

That stuff worked wonders! I figured if it's good enough to make me slip when I walk over a little bit of it, it's good enough to get this damn sensor out. Try as I might though, I only got it out half way, and then pretty much gave up. I went inside, cooked some dinner, and then went back out, my girlfriend just shaking her head (Women don't understand the battle between man and stubborn mechanical part). I sprayed the redneck version of WD40 on that sucker and in 5-10 minutes, it was free! The other one went on real quick too with no problem.

This is what I had left:

This is the part that snapped off; the white part is the harder plastic in the middle near the "elbow"

The only thing that concerned me was that I saw some gunky/dirty brownish stuff on the end of the old sensor when I took it out. Is that normal? Is there some kind of grease in there or something?

Ah well...time to put some more miles on the 'Tour!

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Ok, here's my update:

I took it for a spin on the city streets, which I figured would be perfect for testing shifting from dead stop to 2nd gear, because my city has the worst traffic lights ever on a certain street (State Street). If you hit the lights at a certain time you'll go one block at a time and hit every red light.

Anyways, I noticed quickly that the shifting from 1st to 2nd was smoothed out considerably, and that coming down from 2nd to 1st was a little better. I also noticed that the vibration when stopped at a light was a lot less noticable; could this be from the TSS or the fact that I reset the PCM with the neg battery cable off for over an hour?

My bad experience with the old TSS aside, this was worth the $20 dollars or so

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I still find it odd that everyone has such problems getting out the TSS, and mine just fell right out. Literally. I went to pull hard and there was no resistance at the slightest. And the end of it was perfectly clean too.

Kinda weird.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have the white sensor so is it possible that they could have updated the part?? I know the original ones were black but mine it white from the tranny rebuild?? If I do change it and does not solve the prob, my tranny might be going. Am I right??

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
My brand-new rebuild also has a white sensor in it but has the 1-2 and reverse bang. So, I've got a replacement sensor coming and I will compare the two in appearance and try the new one to see what happens.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard