Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, why would you not want to change it?

5 minutes of your time and $20 and your driving will be totally different.

And yes, the difference is huge. No more hard dropping into 2nd and all the gears change smooth as silk.

There's no other Mod except maybe a Supercharger that has as great an impact on noticeable driving, and it costs a whole $20.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
ordered mine on the first, still waiting for it

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Ok. My TSS (turbine speed sensor) is white from the tranny rebuild at 26K miles. I'm thinking that it went bad again. Should I still change it even though I have that hard shifting into 3rd?? I don't want to waste my money on a new one that might not solve the problem.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Ok guys my CEL came on, I ran the code and it came up as me needing to replace my TSS again... I know I installed it correctly. My questions are, could it be a bad part from the factory, if not (its a pretty simple design)....or could there be something else bad in before the sensor that is making this sensor go bad.

What else is there to replace?

My O/D is blinking also. I have harsh 2-3 up/down shift.

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Since you just got it, I would take it back and exchange it for another sensor.

It *could* be bad.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I have a '96 V6 ATX, original trans, 87,000 miles, fluid changed around 50 or 60k. The only time I get a BANG 1-2 shift is when I run it to high revs in first gear and then circumstances dictate I back off the throttle and it does a part-throttle or no-throttle shift from high revs...POW, rock-hard. Doesn't happen at lower revs, doesn't happen if I keep my foot floored on the gas. Would this sensor fix this?

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6 â??98 GTP, light mods, 14.66/94 Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101 Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion, 2000/2001/2002 Street Modified Champion KCR SCCA 2002 Solo II Street Modified Champion
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by MFE:
I have a '96 V6 ATX, original trans, 87,000 miles, fluid changed around 50 or 60k. The only time I get a BANG 1-2 shift is when I run it to high revs in first gear and then circumstances dictate I back off the throttle and it does a part-throttle or no-throttle shift from high revs...POW, rock-hard. Doesn't happen at lower revs, doesn't happen if I keep my foot floored on the gas. Would this sensor fix this?

I think this was Chris Hightowers original reason for even posting the idea for changing out to the new sensor a month or so ago. The new style can also solve some other weird things that the tranny does and that is a very long story becasue it depends on what problems you are having.

But yes, the symptoms that you describe was the original intent of Hightowers thread about trying this new sensor.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by unisys12:
Originally posted by MFE:

I think this was Chris Hightowers original reason for even posting the idea for changing out to the new sensor a month or so ago. The new style can also solve some other weird things that the tranny does and that is a very long story becasue it depends on what problems you are having.

But yes, the symptoms that you describe was the original intent of Hightowers thread about trying this new sensor.

Ahh yes, and see that if I had actually read the link I wouldn't have had to ask. Thanks.

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6 â??98 GTP, light mods, 14.66/94 Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101 Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion, 2000/2001/2002 Street Modified Champion KCR SCCA 2002 Solo II Street Modified Champion
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
2 Things I have the Torque Convert Clutch Soleniod stuck in the off position and the TSS is apparently bad.

What comes first in the line of communication the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid or the TSS. I am thinking it is either a bad wire running to the TSS or a bad computer. My ground broke off my battery towards when this first started happening and I think I either fried the computer or there is a bad wire. If the TSS comes first I think that there is aproblem with the TSS and it is throwing the torque converter soleniod off.

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
TSS or Turbine Speed Sensor, works in conjuction with the Tachometer.
When the Torque Converter locks up, the computer compares Engine RPM to Turbine RPM.
If the two are equal, then the Torque Converter is locked 100%.
Since the Torque Converter can be modulated by the computer,
when the computer commands lock up and it doesn't get 100% lockup,
the readings between these two sensors will cause you to get these errors.
If the computer commands 67% lockup and the difference between
the RPMs isn't within 67% you get this code as well.

The Torque Converter Clutch solenoid will give you an OFF error
if the Torque Converter is commanded to LOCK and nothing happens at all.
If the Solenoid is shorted or open, you should get an out of range error.
If no error, then assume your wiring is good. and the solenoid is just not functioning.

The solenoid can be replaced without removing the tranny.
You may have to remove the Radiator to give you enough room
to take off the side pan from the CD4E.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard