...sucked big time!

I took a picture in the lot of a nice Mercury with ghost flames... then I shut the camera off because everything else sucked...

3 identical Yellow 56 Ford trucks, about 9 69 Camaros with 350s. Even more mustangs. A 427 A/C Cobra with a 302 in it Some late 70s Chevy trucks. 4 57 chevy's two of which were identical. another 4 56 chevys. It wasn't really so much that it was bad, but all the cars were the same colors (red, yellow, purple, orange, or robin's egg blue)and there were alot of piss poor paint and detail jobs in there that makes my Focus' factory paint look like a $10K job in comparisson. Only a handful of paint jobs looked to be better than a factory paint job. Add to that an interior finish rate of about 50%. Duct tape around your floor shifter to hold it in place is not "finished"

I also noticed the increase in absolute crap this year. 4 Honda Civics complete with rice, A CAVALIER, and a SUNFIRE with no mods other than a set of 17" wheels, parked beside a stock Talon Tsi... good lord. Since when do they let Sunfires into classic car shows? Once again the sponsor allocated audio section sucked ass. I go there expecting to see nice ICE installs and end up asking the people why they wasted all thier cash on crap. At least it makes me feel better about my own stereo and installation skills.

The best part was parking Dad's 52 Chevy pickup and getting called over to the (and I quote) "cool car" section. Dad just said, "No I'm not cool enough" and we parked in the boonies. After looking at the "cool cars" Dad blurted out, "I was wrong, I'm way to cool to be parked with ths [censored]" Think rusting 91 mustang GTs parked beside rusted out FWD Cadillacs. I think there were more people impressed by my stock debadged Focus than with the "Cool cars"

I hope next years is better, I didn't even run into any hot women... The only pics I ended up taking were of Dad's truck, and it's real oogly right now

The End

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003