Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
all i know is this, I want one. If and when they are available i'll take it

That makes two of us. Please keep us posted!

Jim

98.5 SVT, Vortech SC, Bassani, Quaiffe, Clutchmasters Stg. 3, H&R's/Konis, BAT 22mm Sway Bar, 17" Momo Arrows, Michelin Pilot Sports, Sparco Front Brace, HPP Rear Brace, PIAA fogs & headlights.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Just need your shafts and outer shaft case assm. and we can get it done, these made specifically to your shaft. As for the female end, sorta bad news, the guy is checking but it may be pricey. His best guess was $50-100 for that end alone. We'll wait and see what he comes back with. I'll know more by the weeks end.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Now I am interested in getting a Vortech SCr. Will this void any warranty by Vortech though? I know they have been pretty good about it when THEIR stuff went out, but what about with this? I know it shouldn't go out anymore now, just wondering.

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Boss,

This will surely void the warranty on the shaft due to modifying it. The warranty on the unit as far as seals and such go shouldn't be adversely affected though. Of course this is just my opinion.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Hey dude,

I would love to get the shop info. from you. I haven't had any problems with my s/c yet but would be interested in avoiding any potential disasters buy getting the shaft and splines reinforced. Do you think the turn around time could be even quicker? Do you think any machine shop could make these upgrades?
Courtney

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Just need your shafts and outer shaft case assm. and we can get it done, these made specifically to your shaft. As for the female end, sorta bad news, the guy is checking but it may be pricey. His best guess was $50-100 for that end alone. We'll wait and see what he comes back with. I'll know more by the weeks end.

so $375 total for a "rebuild" and new female end? Thats over $125 cheaper than vortech for a far superior product

Plain-jane 3.0L supercharged E0 FOR SALE OR TRADE FOR STOCK SVT PLUS CASH WTB- 36# return injectors
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Warranty from Vortech - I'm not sure exactly how they would handle the shaft, but I really think this is the best solution. As for the unit itself, rick summed it up in his post.

Regarding turn around time, I did mention that several people were interested to my source. I told him it may be wise to make a few of the housings in advance, but he still has to modify your outer shaft casing, as I said it takes 8 hours per unit.

Also the time frame includes shipping time. So depending on how fast you ship and how far from Ohio you are also will play a role.

Another shop could do the work, but they would have some leg work to do, which could cost you more and you may not get the same results.

BTW- I am not profiting from this, I am just offering this solution because Vortech has done nothing for me. Companies who show little to no support to customers deserve to go bankrupt.........

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
B
B
For those interested, I'm sending my shaft out tomorrow and I'll let you know my impressions as soon as I get it back. The car should hopefully be running the weekend of the 3rd.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
I'm in dayton and would have no problems driving tp there to have it done. Would your source accept pre-pay to expedite things? Thanks for the help!
Courtney

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Anyone have a donor shaft to start a mini-core return? Just don't want to take mine out of commission that long.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard