Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#607423 04/22/03 06:46 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
DONT DO THE SC!! the JRSC sucks there is turbo kit for it and there is suposed to be a screw type SC avalible for it in the next year. The JRSC is worthless and has been for a while. They were the first ones a FI product for the focus but haven fallen way behind. If you would like you could PM me and i will give the adress to the focus site im on. They have a lot of info these. I would post it but dont want to advertise another site on this one. You probably know it anyway.

95 Tour ATX Zetec EGR Block OFF Polished TB Polishe Vavle cover Energy suspension Greaseable sway bar bushings Front and rear Red interior lights 1/2 done Home made short ram intake Custom Grills Watch this space grow
#607424 04/22/03 07:28 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I would consider the JRSC kit for the SVT. They actually just came out with it as it is specific for the SVT. I like it because it is just a mild boost, reliable, affordable, and wouldn't need to beef up the car very much.

Sure they have some more SVT kits coming out that are far more powerful but I am not sure if I am ready to beef up the whole car. I will see what is going on when I have the money saved up.

I do go to the Focal Jet and a few other sites.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
#607425 04/22/03 07:33 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I wasnt reffering to FJ thats cool. If the JRSC will fit your needs thats great, but if your like me youll get it and say wow this 5 psi i wonder what 10psi would be like it and so goes the money

95 Tour ATX Zetec EGR Block OFF Polished TB Polishe Vavle cover Energy suspension Greaseable sway bar bushings Front and rear Red interior lights 1/2 done Home made short ram intake Custom Grills Watch this space grow
#607426 04/22/03 07:46 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Lol. I was wondering if Kenne Bell is going to come out with one with the different impellar system. That looked interesting and it could be intercooled but it seems to be majorly delayed which is fine for me.

What was the other site? MyFordFocus.com?

#607427 04/22/03 08:04 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Well theres 2 so one more hurt. No its clubfocus.net Im blury over there also.

#607428 04/23/03 01:43 AM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I don't see what's so bad about Jackson Racing's supercharger... it's the same Eaton screw used by Mercedes, right?

There's a simple reason why someone might be happy with 5 PSI: because going to 10 PSI costs three times as much.

I bet the Eaton blower can be hacked to give greater boost anyway, by messing with the pressure relief valve... of course, how long it runs without something breaking might be measured in weeks, or even in minutes...

#607429 04/23/03 04:52 AM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by MotorCity:
I would consider the JRSC kit for the SVT. They actually just came out with it as it is specific for the SVT. I like it because it is just a mild boost, reliable, affordable, and wouldn't need to beef up the car very much.

Sure they have some more SVT kits coming out that are far more powerful but I am not sure if I am ready to beef up the whole car. I will see what is going on when I have the money saved up.

I do go to the Focal Jet and a few other sites.

Wasn't like something around 205Hp to the wheels?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#607430 04/23/03 12:16 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Yep it looks like the JRSC is putting the SVT at about 200-205 at the wheels right now.

#607431 04/23/03 03:06 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:
I don't see what's so bad about Jackson Racing's supercharger... it's the same Eaton screw used by Mercedes, right?

There's a simple reason why someone might be happy with 5 PSI: because going to 10 PSI costs three times as much.

I bet the Eaton blower can be hacked to give greater boost anyway, by messing with the pressure relief valve... of course, how long it runs without something breaking might be measured in weeks, or even in minutes...

Because there is no adjusting that can be done to the boost without new pulleys. there is no intercooler for them and no Nitrous set up (that i know of) for them yet. Plus they weigh about 3 times that of a full turbo setup and cost the same. Im just saying turbo = more power for same money and is a little bit more driveable than the SC just a little not much. Plus you can go Small or big turbo whenever you want. If you eant a small boost you can but later on if you decide you want more you can adjust or change turbo units a lot cheaper than the SC

#607432 04/23/03 03:11 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by blury:
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:

Because there is no adjusting that can be done to the boost without new pulleys. there is no intercooler for them and no Nitrous set up (that i know of) for them yet. Plus they weigh about 3 times that of a full turbo setup and cost the same. Im just saying turbo = more power for same money and is a little bit more driveable than the SC just a little not much. Plus you can go Small or big turbo whenever you want. If you eant a small boost you can but later on if you decide you want more you can adjust or change turbo units a lot cheaper than the SC

You'd be running BARELY any boost from a TC because of the high compression of the FSVT engine. What would be the point? JRSC is already made for the FSVT.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard