Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Hey ya'll sup? Does anyone know of a Ford Service department where the staff doesn't consist of a bunch of moronic baboons with I.Q.s that would make Pamela Anderson look like Einstein? I mean I have been to FOUR dealerships in the area and at every one of them the service, work quality (or lack there of), diagnostic ability, follow up, customer service, and employee skill level has been WELL BELOW my expectations!

I've had warranty work done on my SVT and on my ZX2 and I swear, the network of Ford Service Centers in the area are either in colusion or they all just don't have a freakin' clue! Grrrr...! I've been to Jerry's, Battlefield, Ted Britt, and Kip Kilman's, and they all have blown it in one way or another! All I want is a dealership that I can trust and that does QUALITY work. Hell, I don't even care about the damn customer service, just fix my sh*t right and do it on the first time around! I don't think that's too much to ask!

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i hear ya man, the cowles in woodbridge isn't so hot either. i asked the guy about my CV joints and he jsut looked at me as if i was asking him nuclear science questions. the people in the office were rude to me also. try to take it up to tysons (i know it's a long haul) but i've stopped by there a few times and they seem to be cool people. good luck.

BTW, where have you been at lately?

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Sheehy in Springfield, ask for Bobby (Owns 00 Supercharged R, Saleen, and a Mystic Cobra)

Ryan Trollin!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Does anyone no of a good dealership to deal with in Maryland? I thought I found a good one in Southern Maryland (Lenordtown Ford), but since my tranmission problem I have been having nothing but trouble.

Birthdate 1/6/2000 Mods: 35% Tint Bosal Exhaust K & N Air Intake, MAF Koni & Eibach Spec I/Spec Flywheel DMD http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=895138
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Sup Cliff. I haven't been around because my car has been in the shop these last 3 weeks because of the idiots I referred to in the post. I tried Tyson's Ford aka Kip Kilman's and they are the latest ones to screw up. I needed a new altenator and they installed it. They didn't secure the various wires with the factory harness so the wires got tangled with my shifter cable and I couldn't shift into any gear except for 2nd & 4th! So I take it back and they "fix" it again and tell me that it's all good. They my power steering was whining so I put fluid in because it looked low. By the end of the week my power steering was gone! Turns out that they didn't secure the power steering line and it was resting against the altenator. A hole burned through the cable and now they have to replace the line. They didn't diagnose the problem till Friday evening and by that time they couldn't get the part till Monday. Another weekend without my car! It was nice and I had looked forward to cruising all weekend! Grrrr!!! This is just one of the horror stories that I have in dealing with Ford Service departments. I swear man, it makes you not even want to own a Ford with all the lack of service and support!

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Cliff and kokopellian,

I've had good luck with Ourisman World of Ford in Alexandria. Before I purchased my car from them they replaced the transmission and it hasn't given me any trouble in the 2+ years I've owned the car. All other problems that they have fixed (bad starter, sensors and associated wiring harnesses) have never re-occurred. They used to be an SVT dealer, but no longer are, however they still work on them and won't complain. They also have never complained about the exhaust/suspension/intake on the car either (which other dealers wouldn't stop talking about).

They are NOT cheap, I think they overcharge for anything SVT related, but at least what they fix doesn't break again right? But they do all the warranty work on my car and might be worth a try. Talk to Ben Domingez (service advisor).

Jesse 98.5 SVT (sold) 2000 Explorer
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by kokopellian:
Sup Cliff. I haven't been around because my car has been in the shop these last 3 weeks because of the idiots I referred to in the post. I tried Tyson's Ford aka Kip Kilman's and they are the latest ones to screw up. I needed a new altenator and they installed it. They didn't secure the various wires with the factory harness so the wires got tangled with my shifter cable and I couldn't shift into any gear except for 2nd & 4th! So I take it back and they "fix" it again and tell me that it's all good. They my power steering was whining so I put fluid in because it looked low. By the end of the week my power steering was gone! Turns out that they didn't secure the power steering line and it was resting against the altenator. A hole burned through the cable and now they have to replace the line. They didn't diagnose the problem till Friday evening and by that time they couldn't get the part till Monday. Another weekend without my car! It was nice and I had looked forward to cruising all weekend! Grrrr!!! This is just one of the horror stories that I have in dealing with Ford Service departments. I swear man, it makes you not even want to own a Ford with all the lack of service and support!

Don't fool around. Contact FMC CS line. Every negative comment towards a dealership, reaches the dealership. If your vocal enough, as I was, they will reap the penalties. For example, my old dealership took my car out for 157 miles, ate/drank in the car. Left oil and crap all over the place. I called CS 4x and their Blue Oval Certification was revoked for 1 year. Speak up, it gets results.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
also now that i think of it try the ford dealership by springfeild mall, a friend had mustang work done there and he really liked it, now it's time to go play ball!!!!!

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
See my previous post. Thats Sheehy Ford, again ask for Bobby.

Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
also now that i think of it try the ford dealership by springfeild mall, a friend had mustang work done there and he really liked it, now it's time to go play ball!!!!!

Ryan Trollin!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
See my previous post. Thats Sheehy Ford, again ask for Bobby.

ah, ah yes, i see now, lo siento

F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
No offense, but why in the hell would you want to take your car to any dealership? They will been you over on their pricing, and yes your right Ford customer service is about the worst as it gets. I too personally have had my conflicts. If you want me to direct you to a shop in Manassas, just let me know.

Chris Reid 99 Black SVT #3660 SOLD (GOODBYE)!!!!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Fast4Door:
No offense, but why in the hell would you want to take your car to any dealership? They will been you over on their pricing, and yes your right Ford customer service is about the worst as it gets. I too personally have had my conflicts. If you want me to direct you to a shop in Manassas, just let me know.

There is a little thing known as a (so-called) warranty. Independant shops don't honor the warranty, even less than the dealers!

Gone: 98 E0 Silver SVT '00 ZX2 Kip Killmons Tysons Ford killed my clutch and did not stand behind their word. NEVER visit this dealership, they are fraudulent!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
thats when you get an inside guy and then the dealer is yourfriend...

Ryan Trollin!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Hmmm. Maybe I'll give them a try next, thanks.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Yeah, I'm going that route. I've written Ford a two page letter detailing all the hassle and naming all the dealerships that have screwed things up since 2000! Hopefully I'll get some retribution.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I'll look into Sheehy as well. Thanks guys!

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Hey, it's not outta my pocket, it's warranty work. If I had to pay I SURE wouldn't stand for this crap.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Warranty!?!?, yeah that's what they call it. All it means is that you don't have to pay a cent for repairs, but you have to eat all the crap they can shovel at you. Grrrr...

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Speaking of independent shops... can people recommend good independents in the DC area? I bought my SVT from CarMax with a 3 year warranty and I have been able to take it to any shop to get work down. I found one AWESOME independent shop, but it was in nothern New Jersey when my water pump impellar disintigrated on the GW Bridge in NY.

It seems to me that independents are they way to go if you do not have a Ford warranty. They survive off the quality of their work.

-svtdc- '98 E0 silver frost SVT - SOLD Mods: DMD, Mobil 1 oil and filter (is this a mod?)
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Hey, thanks for the tips. I called Ford and they seemed truly concerned. I wrote them a 3 page letter detailing all the crap I've put up with! I'll keep you all posted as to what comes from it. In the meantime. I'M BACK ON THE ROAD BABY!!!! YEAH!!

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Hey, thanks for the tips. I called Ford and they seemed truly concerned. I wrote them a 3 page letter detailing all the crap I've put up with! I'll keep you all posted as to what comes from it. In the meantime. I'M BACK ON THE ROAD BABY!!!! YEAH!!

great, good to hear that. so you are coming tomorrow then right?

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Tomorrow? Where? Burke? I'll check the posts...

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K

Don't fool around. Contact FMC CS line. Every negative comment towards a dealership, reaches the dealership. If your vocal enough, as I was, they will reap the penalties. For example, my old dealership took my car out for 157 miles, ate/drank in the car. Left oil and crap all over the place. I called CS 4x and their Blue Oval Certification was revoked for 1 year. Speak up, it gets results.

Hey Shaggy, you were right! Get this, FORD actually CALLED me today! None of the dealerships I sent the letter to called only FORD Motor company! Really quick turnaround too. I sent the letter on 4/14 and here they are responding already! COOL! They left a message at my work number and my home number but I haven't had a chance to call them back yet. I didn't think they would listen at all! Maybe I can get a free 2003 Mustang Cobra out of all this. I think I deserve it! Heck, maybe I'll get you one too! HAHAHA! I know, I'm smoking crack. I'll keep ya posted on the outcome of it all. Thanks.

John
-aka-
Kokopellian

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
can you just get me a new trans?

please?

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
can you just get me a new trans?

please?

I promis I'll work on em' for ya. I'm sure it won't be a problem. If they don't give me a new tranny for ya I'll be like, "I wish a Mutha F**ka would!"

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
If they don't give me a new tranny for ya I'll be like, "I wish a Mutha F**ka would!"

that's right, 4 and 5, 4 and 5.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
LMAO! Yo, I'll holla at cha when I get back man. Me and my wife are going on vacation. Cya!

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S

Hey Shaggy, you were right! Get this, FORD actually CALLED me today! None of the dealerships I sent the letter to called only FORD Motor company! Really quick turnaround too. I sent the letter on 4/14 and here they are responding already! COOL! They left a message at my work number and my home number but I haven't had a chance to call them back yet. I didn't think they would listen at all! Maybe I can get a free 2003 Mustang Cobra out of all this. I think I deserve it! Heck, maybe I'll get you one too! HAHAHA! I know, I'm smoking crack. I'll keep ya posted on the outcome of it all. Thanks.

John
-aka-
Kokopellian

AWESOME! Way to get some results! I hope it works out, and get me some parts too.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard