Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
I have been searching around everywhere in the near vicinity of where i live. I am located in North Bend about 30 miles east of Seattle but i can't find a shop that will install a prepped sho 3 liter, and the few that will quoted me well over $2300, so i was wondering if anyone might know of a shop that might take on the challenge for a little more reasonable price. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Don't know where you can get it installed, but one reason probably no one will touch it is the fact that the SHO 3L won't fit our cars, well not without extensive modifications. I think what you really want to do is a bottom end 3L Duratec swap out of a Taurus or Escape which with a few simple modifications will bolt right in. You probably should do a lot more research in our 3L forum.

There were/are three different 3L's that were put in the Taurus. The Vulcan (which is crap), the Yamaha made SHO motor (which won't fit), and the Duratec (the one that will fit).

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Maybe he meant a shoshop prepped 3l?

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ahhh...North bend. I loathe it.

P.S. I work in Snoqualmie.

Good luck finding a shop!

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Well i did mean the shoshop 3 liter block and i have done all the research on the 3 liter swap but i just got ahead of myself and figured people would know what i am talking about. I am already to order the block and have it sent to a shop but i just can't find one at all. I would try it myself but i live at an apartment in snoqualmie now, just recently moved and i have no where to even attempt it, and besides that i wouldn't feel comfortable tackling such a big job. Thanks for the input and if you know anyone you could recommend it would be appreciated.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I would contact buckshot at buckshot motorsports. I think shoshop charges 2k for just the prepped short block plus you would have to pay labor for a shop to swap and install. You could probably get the whole thing from BM for around that much swapped and everything. Then just get a few northwest guys together to install it in your car one day.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
I already have contacted buckshot motorsports, the main draw back with them is the amount of time it will take to prep the block. I was quoted upwards of 8 weeks before i could have the block shipped so even though the sho shop block is more expensive the fact that i would get it much sooner makes me lean that direction, especially since i do not have my car running right now. If there are any Northwest guys interested in helping on a 3 liter short block swap let me know, i am more than willing to pay for the assistance but i don't have the tools or the experience to do it myself.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I have a really good shop but it is a bit of a drive for you,like in Anacortes,its called san jaun tire and automotive,they specialize in motor swaps,they are asst. me with my 3l swap(I wanted to try it myself) talk to garret and tell him you know Brandon and he will set you up,he is the owner and personal friend of mine

J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 1slo30:
I have a really good shop but it is a bit of a drive for you,like in Anacortes,its called san jaun tire and automotive,they specialize in motor swaps,they are asst. me with my 3l swap(I wanted to try it myself) talk to garret and tell him you know Brandon and he will set you up,he is the owner and personal friend of mine

Do you happen to have the phone number for the place, i tried to call them several times with no answer. I do not mind the distance but do you happen to have any idea on a price range or anything?? Well i am trying to figure this all out by the end of the weekend so any information would be very helpful, thanks.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
jeremy,
the # is 299-9903, make sure u talk to garret, ne 1 esle will try to sell you....something, if you want to call me and i can set you up, I will say it will depend on how far you are going to go with the swap(i.e. port polish the heads extrude hone the upper and lower 3.0ltr manifold etc.)I would imagine if u already have the 3.0 motor it will run you about $1000ish plus gaskets and such.... my # is 360-293-5450 give me a call ne time

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard