Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Again, look at the sail panels on a post 98 & see what you think. I like the newer ones compared to the older ones. But to each his own.

I would change the exhaust first, tint the windows to 35%, see if the stereo meets your needs.

Also make sure the waterpump has been okayed, probably wouldn't hurt to install the metal impeller version. Make sure your secondaries are opening (the link isn't broken off) *Searches will yield all you need on that* or IM me.

Anything weird about the car? Any strange noises or such??

p.s. don't paint the chrome! Don't listen to those who are jealous because they've never had it!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks for the suggestions NateCox. Aha...i like the way you said "they're just jealous".. perhaps, i should keep that in mind.
The car is solid. My friend had left for bigger and better things with a kick-butt job in Asia and for the last little while he had let his little sister drive it. She doesn't know apple from oranges when it comes to cars as she she's herself going from A to B. I know she did oil changes regularly while she drove it. She just mentioned she liked the sound from the stereo more than anything.

To my knowledge, he had told me that he had once warped his heads due to a seized water pump but had had an overhaul done to the engine after thanks to an extended warranty that covered a good part of the costs. He had notified the secondaries all were well and it ran like new with the addition of a new water pump that has one of those metal impellers that are less prone to cracking off.

I trust this car as is. As I'm a good friend of his and I remember getting a ride in it some time years ago when he owned it.

All service records/receipts are included for everything and anything that has been added or serviced in this car. I think it was a good idea buying this car and of course even a greater favor from my friend selling it to me at that price.

1995 Contour SE Duratec V6 Automatic, Moonlight Blue / Opal Grey, Leather
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I like it the way it is. The price you got it for is a hell of a deal on a car that is as clean as that.

If it were mine though, I would debadge it, asap. Maybe a 1" drop and some tint. But I cant say a whole lot since I have only done the debadging and removing the ding strips.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Josch:

BEAAUUUUUIIITTFULLLLLLLL!

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Great Find!!! I love that color blue. There is one blue '95 rolling around New Orleans with some mods. I would definitely go SVT exhaust..you can get one used for a really good price right now since there were some GBs on other systems. Maybe an SVT bumper, but I think it would look okay for now with your bumper. I just put mine on and I really like it (but I am thinking about getting some tips). Definitely check out the junkyards for some parts. You can probably find some +98 sail panels in a yard and have a set of both. Definitely Tint and lower that beauty. Helpful forums: Duratech and Suspension--plenty of info in there. Enjoy the car & Welcome to club!!

'95 GL White I've got mods.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
look its your car....
ok not really

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
whore
beautiful though

2000 T-Red Mystique LS -STOCK- My Car
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Wow! that's one hot ride, ford ever come out with that color or was it your choice of paint? sooo niiiceee, i don't know what else to say.

N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Originally posted by Contourox:

So you think it is better off to leave the stock sail panels on this 95 then? The windows are already tinted all around but they are at the minimal so maybe it won't have the same effect as yours has.

Now that suspension is suggested, what's the best buy for looks and load handling? I do intend to keep this car as practical as a four door should be.
Although the stock set up rides nice and handles well....i have to admit it sits a little higher.

Do you guys with your lowered vehicles find it tedious to slow down and watch out for everything on the road all the time? I guess one must compromise

First of all, I have to say I like your car, I have a weakness for Blue pre-98's, especially the SE
On the sail panels, take a look at the 98+ panels and at what you have and decide which ones you like better. What matters is what you like not what we say. Also, there are plenty of ways to get 98+ sails if you want without going to Ford, salvage yards are a good option but so is finding someone with a 98+ who wants pre-98 sails and just swapping them.

About the suspension. Personally I'd say the BAT Euro handling kit is right up your alley. Drops the car about 25 mm (1") maybe a little more after it settles. Many poeple here will vouch for it's handling ability and ride quality. It definitely does not compromise the usability of the car for hauling poeple and you don't have to worry constantly about bumps in the road and such. Check around in the suspensions forum and do a search on BAT kit and you should find all the info and testimony you could want. Last I checked it was going for about 600 USD for the full package with struts and springs. I have this kit on my 99 SE and love it, one of the single best mods I've done I'd say.

Otherwise, I say maybe go darker on the tint and at some point down the road change the exhaust to somehting a little less visible or add the SVT rear and sides, or one of the bodykits being developed. Great looking car already man, I must say, especially for 3K!

Oh yeah, welcome to the CEG!

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
is that seriously a Midnight Blue? if so, how come mine isn't as dark?.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard