Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Contourox:
So to update this car a little more some minor things i could do is to switch the sail panels to the newer ones that say 'Contour' on them? How much do they cost? I'll have to go to Ford to buy them won't I? Hmm...I don't know what else i can do to this car as I want to make it even more Euro, since I get to see Mondeo's often. I guess I'll have to pay the price for that.

I do have a pair of Piaa 959's lying around maybe i can switch the fogs that are on now with them. I guess little by little.

Thanks for the comments so far. Anyone else have any other ideas feel free to comment.

If you're near a salvage yard that has contours, they should have a bunch for almost nothing. Removing yourself is easy too.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder is kind of unneccessary...its mainly a looks thing, I think u'd get more gains out of a single custom set up with a zetec

Is it a 4? how can you tell???
Yes, duals with a 4 is no good. If that's the case I'd reduce the muffler size, with maybe just a chrome tip....I'm not sure on 4 cylinders...

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by NateCox:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder is kind of unneccessary...its mainly a looks thing, I think u'd get more gains out of a single custom set up with a zetec

Is it a 4? how can you tell???
Yes, duals with a 4 is no good. If that's the case I'd reduce the muffler size, with maybe just a chrome tip....I'm not sure on 4 cylinders...

Um... check the guys sig...
1995 Contour SE Duratec V6 Automatic, Moonlight Blue / Opal Grey, Leather

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
The car looks good the way it is. But needs lowering. If you are looking for mods you can do, look into a SVT bodykit...or maybe even check out the custom bodykit group buys in the group buy forum. looks pretty shibby now though.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
So to update this car a little more some minor things i could do is to switch the sail panels to the newer ones that say 'Contour' on them?

nooooooooo! keep the ones u have! youll be kicking yourself later i think. the pre 98 ones look so much better and flow better especially after the windows are tinted. like this....

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
oh, oops...forgot about the 95 guys

when i see pre98 i automatically think Zetec

dual exhaust would look alright if u had something like an svt rear but without that it doesn't look too good in my opinion. i like what u've got, although a cut out would be nice so u could hang it higher (i need to do the same thing)

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I've seen that car on cardomain or sounddomain or something like that. Your buddy did a pretty good job with the rims etc. IMHO it could use some lowerage, but I love that color!

2000 T-Red Mystique LS -STOCK- My Car
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
So to update this car a little more some minor things i could do is to switch the sail panels to the newer ones that say 'Contour' on them?

nooooooooo! keep the ones u have! youll be kicking yourself later i think. the pre 98 ones look so much better and flow better especially after the windows are tinted. like this....

So you think it is better off to leave the stock sail panels on this 95 then? The windows are already tinted all around but they are at the minimal so maybe it won't have the same effect as yours has. btw...your car looks great. How much mileage?

The idea of the cut out for the muffler, now, is this referred to cutting/trimming out a piece of the lower part of the bumper so the muffler tips would look like they would have a fitted lip over them? hmm...good idea! never thought about that thx. But what would happen to the bumper/paint if the tips got hot enough? Would you think also that the tips may sit too high afterwards?

I'll have a look at the rear of the car later today.

Yes, the exhaust sound pretty nice. Deep and throaty but not loud b/c it still has the resonator.

Now that suspension is suggested, what's the best buy for looks and load handling? I do intend to keep this car as practical as a four door should be.
Although the stock set up rides nice and handles well....i have to admit it sits a little higher.

Do you guys with your lowered vehicles find it tedious to slow down and watch out for everything on the road all the time? I guess one must compromise

1995 Contour SE Duratec V6 Automatic, Moonlight Blue / Opal Grey, Leather
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
That is a nice ass car for $3K! The only thing I see that I would do is tint the windows and enjoy it. Also someone mentioned that "chrome thingie" on the back, thats stock but I've seen it painted satin black and it looks good done that way

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
at the time the pics were taken last year, it had about 80K on it.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard