Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C

Hello CEG. My friend pawned this car to me for $3 k's. It is in great condition and had like 130,000 km. He told me that he would give me that buddy price only if i would take care of it. Well, so for the past while i've checked here in the CEG since he recommended it.

I'm not sure what there is available for this car as for as aesthetics. I bought the car as is with a few performance upgrades so i'm fine with that.

Question is: I wanted to ask you Contour experts what you would recommend to me as far as aesthetics/etc.... being that I'm new with this car I have no idea what's readily available in the market for it. I hear it's not a Honda when it comes to the after market department.

thanks in advance for any suggestions. . contourox

1995 Contour SE Duratec V6 Automatic, Moonlight Blue / Opal Grey, Leather
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
its not so bad off the way it is I don't think...not a big fan of those mud flap thingies or the chrome strip on the back...

I say...wait for one of the 2 pre98 body kits to come out and get one...

Removing the ding guards
tinting the windows
ditching the mud flaps
painting the chrome strip
debadging

just a few simple things...body kit would definitely be good for you though (when they come out)

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
DO NOT LOSE THE CHROME STRIP. They are rare and monochromatic cars are boring. The chrome adds a touch of class.

Next, I'd lose that particular muffler. And have duals made. Basically from the same as in a SVT where there is a Y junction just before the last bend in the piping. There's where you make the dual. They have to fabricate a hanger for the right muffler, but no biggie. Meineke does a lot of that and they have some custom mufflers as well...

Mine with duals
Linky

Tinted windows
Sail panel switch (to a 99 style)
Lot's can be done engine wise, but at least a K&N or similar kit.

Car looks good however!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
car looks pretty good how it is. i love the midnight blue contours. only suggestion i have is ditch the ford emblem above the license plate.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
So to update this car a little more some minor things i could do is to switch the sail panels to the newer ones that say 'Contour' on them? How much do they cost? I'll have to go to Ford to buy them won't I? Hmm...I don't know what else i can do to this car as I want to make it even more Euro, since I get to see Mondeo's often. I guess I'll have to pay the price for that.

I do have a pair of Piaa 959's lying around maybe i can switch the fogs that are on now with them. I guess little by little.

Thanks for the comments so far. Anyone else have any other ideas feel free to comment.

1995 Contour SE Duratec V6 Automatic, Moonlight Blue / Opal Grey, Leather
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Hey I would be interested in buying your current fogs you have on the car now, ive been looking for some off of a contour and i cant find any where im from. PM me..
I was reading a study and they said for 4 cylinder cars, taht you should get a y pipe but have the muffler at the junction and then just run 2 pipes, since our c ars dont make enough backpower to get the full effect of two mufflers. is this true?

95 gl 18 in ADR Trama/Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Aiwa HU and speakers Missin the contour Sold the BMW 328, lookin for an E36 M3 Daily: 1998 Blue GMC Sonoma, ZQ8 suspension cleared heads and tails Wheels coming soon. slowly modding
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder is kind of unneccessary...its mainly a looks thing, I think u'd get more gains out of a single custom set up with a zetec

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
looks nice! very clean.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I really like the way it looks!!!!! The muffler is not my style but its not ugly either...how does it sound? I think the side skirt look really good...I wish i could get some for my tour....Ummmmmm I would even pay a lot of money if i could find some...GEE GUYS, I SURE WOULD PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR SOME T-RED SKIRTS

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I agree that the muffler is way too big, and visible from the rear. You should have a smaller muffler that fits higher up under the car so it isn't visible from the rear. Or else paint your muffler black so it doesn't stand out. Or else get a ground effects kit that will effectively cover up any mufflers or pipes, so that JUST THE TIPS are visible (kind like the pic below):

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard