Ok I didnt have a lot of $$ and wanted an ok tire. I hope I've made the right choice. I bought four stock sized FM901 tires (only V rated). I've read reviews that say the sidewall is not very stiff and maybe its not the best 'performance tire' but I've driven around for all of two days and it feels grippy and decent enough. When I bought my car it came with crappy Eagle GT II tires so this feels much better anyway.

Now today while I was at work we had an Ice storm warning (in Toronto Canada). Needless to say I was worried since I just took off the snows the other day and have never had summer only tires. I was very amazed that with some common sense, the tires got me home without much drama...through all the ice and sleet and stuff.

I have some pictures. What you see in on the ground is not snow but ice granules. Feels like large sugar granles and they are dry. Below that is a layer of ice. The roof of my car has some ice on it which looks kinda like snow but its stuck. I'd have to scrape it but i'll let it melt.

I saw so many people wiping out and crashing but I drive pretty similar to how I did with my Toyo H rated snows...careful but not too too slow. Just smooth and steady. No sudden moves.

I'm just reporting in case anyone was wondering how these tires are and at least first hand I can say that their snow performance is awsome.

As for the rest. I think its not a great tire for extreme sudden lane changes or zig zagging through cars at 200kph but its a comfortable speed rated tire which is pretty decent for handling as well. More suited for high speed cruising as opposed to zipping around pylons.

Anyone else have this tire?