Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Other than feeling like I added 4 15's and a massive sub box in my trunk anyone want to buy it cheap, been on the car 30 miles max, I will be taking it off today. I saw a post sometime ago where someone lost 9FWHP and I believe it now.
As far as the idiot comments "knock on wood" "his head" I was laughing because I knew it was already coming and for the most part who, not a problem for me though, it's funny no one ever does say anything in front of anyones face.

If I wanted to buy the smoothest car without any road feel I'd buy a Lexus.
What in the world does the PCM have to do with a Pulley, that's about the funniest thing I ever heard. So if I change my struts and spring I better reset my computer then to right.
I never said the DMD was not smoother, I... (I) can't deal with the power loss and the inability to get to my cars sweet spot quicker.

Eric

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
how much, do you want?

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:
I saw a post sometime ago where someone lost 9FWHP and I believe it now.
(I) can't deal with the power loss and the inability to get to my cars sweet spot quicker.

Eric

Here is documentation that DMD does not lose power over stock damper. Whether it GAINED 2 HP over stock, as the dyno shows is unknown as this is within range of dyno variability. Now, you are comparing DMD to UDP. It is possible that you lost power here. However, the LARGEST gain yet posted on a Contour from a UDP is 5 HP (and several have been in the 2-4 HP range). So assuming best case UDP gain (5HP) and wost case DMD (0 HP) you are down 5 HP and about 4lb/ft. This is detectable but barely. I will need to see this 9 HP loss you mention..

I know you have made up your mind..thats fine, this is for others that may be following this thread..

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=dynodrag&Number=37746&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

1999 Amazon Green SVT A few mods...179.2 FWHP so far
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
"Greg,

It is possible that the DMD smoothed the torque curve and gained a little power. HOwever, one dyno run is not enough to verify that. Two different days separated by months and only a slight increase in power could be affected by many things including different oil, different engine operating temp, etc. You know what I mean...you could run 6 dyno runs in a row and see that for whatever reason you can have statistical variation of more than a few HP and torque. We need to see before and after runs from well tuned cars with a bit more of a dyno history...like yours unless you have done too many things since your last measurement.

warmonger"

I was comparing the UDP which is both lighter and has a smaller diameter than stock/DMD.
No way in God's green earth is there someone going to tell me I didn't lose power (significant power) going from a UDP 12.9oz to a DMD 1 billion lbs.
You are right I have made up my mind, and whats so funny I was expecting my engine to run as smooth as a cadillac or lexus, something, it was smooth but not that much smoother.

on another note: lets say a udp adds 5hp by itself
Fidanza releases another 5hp

but both together would work better.. adding up to more than 10hp combined. A lot of mods are like that, by each they are ok, combined they are better than the sum.

Eric

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Since you've got all those tranny mods, especially the flywheel, I wouldn't be surprised if you lost more than just 4-5hp.

I ran my ASP pulley (which is about 1/3 the weight of the DMD) for 40k+ miles, and I installed the DMD last week.

Power loss? Yes, slightly, but the smoothness far outweighs the few hp that I did lose. Actually, the car seems to pull a little better from 6-7k rpm... Maybe since I still have my SHO Shop power steering pulley, the HP loss isn't as great.

Whatever floats your boat!

Oh, and I, too, haven't seen a Duratec blow up BECAUSE of a UDP either, hence why I've had mine on there for that long.

-J

'98 4Runner
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
All I'm saying is that I can deal with the slight "pseudo" vibration or harshness as compared to the power loss. I'm not trying to convince anyone not to get the DMD just stating my thoughts. I drive I-75 all day long and I can't remember that last time I used 5th gear, I live above 5k and I have a lot of miles on my UDP. My car makes good power so (IF???) my crank goes out on me I have a feeling it won't be until my car has aged for a long time.

Eric

note: I think I notice a big difference because I do have the Fidanza more than anything. Fidanza and a 12.9oz pulley = wicked engine speed, guess I just got spoiled with an engine that can almost rev at the speed of a GSXr.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
wasn't there just a post here recently about how you actually GAIN hp by REDUCING flex of the crank? I don't know, initially I noticed the bog, but you'll notice the engine struggling less above 5k, which is where all of our power is. . .I'm coupling my DMD'ed engine to a fidanza, so I would assume you'd be able to ge to the sweet spot faster and smoother with better power delivery since your crank isn't whipping everywhere. . .eh, to each his own.

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
That was on a 400hp car though, i'm sure higher hp amplifies the effect. Not to say we wont gain hp, i'm just saying any hp we may gain will be minimal.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I just put one on my Vortech equipped car and it feels a little stronger. I cant really say whether or not it was due to the DMD, since my car is so inconsistent with the weather and humidity. It does add alot of peice of mind though

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard