Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#590995 04/01/03 02:24 AM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Well, I installed the DMD today. Went out on the highway I-75 and I think there was a difference. I did notice one thing, after switching from my unorthodox to the DMD my engine rev A LOT slower, comparing the smoothness of the DMD to the unorthodox to be honest I really couldn't tell a HUGE difference, yes the DMD is smoother but I guess I had a well balance UDP.

One thing I did notice was that I KNOW I lost power, I was ready to accept this naturally due to the weight of the two but not this much power loss. I will be selling my DMD $60 shipped, $80 shipped with brand new spankin belt.

If my engine dies tomorrow I would be ok with it, To this day I don;t know anyone who has had crank failure due to a UDP and I've asked countless times. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Eric

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
i say leave it on for a bit. let the pcm settle and see how it is then. my car felt stronger after the dmd, it did rev a little bit slower tho.

2005 Focus ST
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I am not knocking you man but it seems like you have a problem with most mods that you do. Never seem pleased.

Freeways are kinda wierd. I can see I-75 right out my window...kinda funny that your on the same road but in Florida.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by FlechaAutoSports:

If my engine dies tomorrow I would be ok with it,

umm you might try knocking on some wood, like your head

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by dubkatz:
umm you might try knocking on some wood, like your head

ROTFLMAO!!! Classic & true!

---

Didn't feel a difference. Bullsh^t! It's night and day different on any MTX even changing from the stock damper to a DMD. Much less from an ultra light Non-Dampered pulley to a DMD.

Well balanced UDP. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I must agree with Demon.
The switch from a UDP to DMD was absolutely astonishing.
So much smoother over 4k, I couldn't believe it.
Almost felt like a completely different car.
None of that shaking, vibrating, mess that I used to feel.

huge different imho.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
LOL this is funny , while he wrote this reply on the DMD he looked at me and said QUOTE" i bet you anything DemonSvt will say something about this" ..

Since im the one who installed this on his car, it was done correctly as i have the DMD on mine as well .

And after the part was installed we jumped on the highway and did a test run and he could feel the power loss.

If you compare the weight to the UDP you'll understand .

Since his car flat out "screams" and has the fidanza, sho shop Y pipe and so many other mods, he can feel a slight power loss EASY !

Even when i installed this on my car i had to think about it for a while if it really helped anything or not ,its such a slight diffrence you completely forget about it .

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i don't think anyone is doubting the slight power loss....if any. it may not rev faster...however it does rev a lot smoother. that's the difference that I experienced.

i did notice that with the DMD, it did rev a little slower....but its nothing for me to complain about.

I too have a lot of mods to my car. (don't have the fidanza/clutch/quaife combo in yet).

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by --CitatioN10--:
LOL this is funny , while he wrote this reply on the DMD he looked at me and said QUOTE" i bet you anything DemonSvt will say something about this" ..

You can say that about any post, Demon pretty much comments on everything technical on our cars. So will I notice a difference on my ATX when I get it?

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Just a note from a Mondeo Owner, I installed my DMD last November and I noticed a massive difference even at low rev's much more refined and smooth. Seems to have much better transistion between 12 and 24 valves also..

Mondeo (UK Model) GhiaX 2.5 v6 DMD 2003 Version GhiaX 2000 Spec Semi Automatic Climate Control Power Folding Mirrors, Japan Stylie Ford OEM RSAP Latest Sump Revision
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard