Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#590979 04/03/03 08:51 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

However consider the significant difference - COST!, 4-doors, & thus having 3 of your buddies pointing and laughing at the bewildered driver next to you.

LMFAO

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#590980 04/03/03 01:39 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I LOVE my turbo. It transformed the car into something unreal. Before I had it I still loved the SVT, but it never instilled full confidence in me like say I wanted to pass someone, I would always think "Hmm, is there enough room between me and oncoming traffic to get past this sucker?". Now, I rarely have to even downshift and I just roll into the gas in before you know it you're in tripple digit speeds.

I even had some assclown try and tailgate me on the the way back from the airport yesterday in an Impala SS. I just left it in 5th and rolled into the gas and left him like he was standing still. The look on peoples eyes when launch harder than the Space Shuttle Columbia off the line, is priceless. Of course racing from a stop is almost pointless to due the inability to put all the power to the ground, but nailing it in 2nd while on a roll just sets you back in your seat and hurtles you forward like a cannonball! Very

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#590981 04/03/03 02:10 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Swazo:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

However consider the significant difference - COST!, 4-doors, & thus having 3 of your buddies pointing and laughing at the bewildered driver next to you.

LMFAO

Me Too!!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#590982 04/03/03 03:16 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
I LOVE my turbo. It transformed the car into something unreal. Before I had it I still loved the SVT, but it never instilled full confidence in me like say I wanted to pass someone, I would always think "Hmm, is there enough room between me and oncoming traffic to get past this sucker?". Now, I rarely have to even downshift and I just roll into the gas in before you know it you're in tripple digit speeds.

I even had some assclown try and tailgate me on the the way back from the airport yesterday in an Impala SS. I just left it in 5th and rolled into the gas and left him like he was standing still. The look on peoples eyes when launch harder than the Space Shuttle Columbia off the line, is priceless. Of course racing from a stop is almost pointless to due the inability to put all the power to the ground, but nailing it in 2nd while on a roll just sets you back in your seat and hurtles you forward like a cannonball! Very

Damn it Stazi.....no more!!!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#590983 04/03/03 10:39 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

did anyone else get aroused when you read stazi's little story and imagined yourself driving the same car.....

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
#590984 04/03/03 11:15 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Na, good story but I imagine myself....in my own car! Torque Torque Torque Torque Torque I love Torque.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#590985 04/03/03 11:36 PM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by warmonger:
Na, good story but I imagine myself....in my own car! Torque Torque Torque Torque Torque I love Torque.

warmonger

yea....all that stuff is good, but i think its the torque that most people are after......

#590986 04/04/03 12:12 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by csc99svt:

did anyone else get aroused when you read stazi's little story and imagined yourself driving the same car.....

I did...

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
#590987 04/04/03 12:18 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I can imagine the fun a turbo would give. I consider myself to have a good top end and my car will go from 4k to 7k rpms in literally a blink of an eye in first with traction. I've hit the rev limiter a few times because of this. I can't imagine having the top end power that I have from 3k rpms on.

Sometimes I get on it on freeway onramps (who am I kidding, all the time). I'll go around the corner and leave it in second. Then I'll slowly accelerate untill 4k and nail it. Next thing you know your doing 75mph and your not even half way through the onramp. Oh yeah, putting it in third doing 60mph and flooring it will put you in your seat. If you can spare the cash for the turbo, get it now. Unfortunately, I can't so I went the cheap route.

Sorry for the long rant, but I would like to see more turbo contours for me to drool over.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
#590988 04/04/03 02:53 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

We need to become very good friends and you can let me drive the Turbo .PLEASE

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard