Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Ya kinetics is bout half hour from my house. I have a friend that works there. Thats definitly a good start. But I think Leo is running stock svt cams (at least I think he used to). A place that I planned on calling when/if money permitted. Good luck

Last edited by livinsvt; 04/04/03 06:29 AM.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
My Lord, I am in! Price of course is an issue, but don't see them being more than 1200. For nice cams, that is worth it for N/A people. Now if we could only get some domed pistons....

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Ya kinetics is bout half hour from my house. I have a friend that works there. Thats definitly a good start. But I think Leo is running stock svt cams (at least I think he used to). A place that I planned on calling when/if money permitted. Good luck

Originally posted by Swazo:
Nice! Things are getting sweeter by the minuet!

Need I say anything else??

I do hope it can be as easy as it seems to be working out, but I do know nothing is easy in the duratec field. So I am getting a good call list going for monday. I won't count any source out until they count themselves out. So hopefully Kinetics will work out, if not we have other sources to try out. The very worst thing that can happen is that we end up empty handed. But at the very least I expect to get some regrinds going.

CEG'ers kick ass! I've received a lot of support with this! Thanks guys!!!!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
im in, but i think sho shop in california, is already reserching the best grind for our cars

98 SVT, silver frost, with blue graphics.
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Let's just say, IF they do then great! No need for a GB anymore, we'll just go to them. But then again it'd be marked up 200% if it's from them. They were also going to have the 3.5L released in late December, and I've yet to see or hear anything about it.

On a side note, Leo Capaldi got back to me this morning. I guess they are getting ready for a "test day" and he'll see what he can do about having something ready for us after he finishes with his car.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I've been talking to Horse (Scot) about Kinetics and Leo Capaldi a bit, since Horse is the one who pointed me towards Kinetics in the first place. To give you guys an idea of the power Leo Capaldi and Kinetics have been able to muster with a duratec is high enough to strip the first 3 gears at WOT, totally NA might I add!!!!!

Have I said that things are getting sweeter by the minuet yet????

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Swazo:
To give you guys an idea of the power Leo Capaldi and Kinetics have been able to muster with a duratec is high enough to strip the first 3 gears at WOT, totally NA might I add!!!!!

Have I said that things are getting sweeter by the minuet yet????

I have been wanting to find out what his new setup is. It sounds great. I think this is going to be the best and problay ony realistic shot we might have. Will see.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
THe SVT cams already have more duration we need more lift and if the price is right I'm definately in.

YOU LIFT YOU LOOSE!
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Lift is the only thing we can change if we end up with only a regrind for an option. We are also very limited in how much we change them because of a pre-existing hardened 'skin'. We can only grind so much before we cut through the hardened skin into the softer metal underneath. If that happens, we cannot re-heat treat them as it would make them extremely brittle. If we end up running the cams without knowing the skin has been penetrated they will wear out pretty quick and begin to "custom mill themselves" to various profiles until you ran into problems with valve to piston clearance, ect. Not fun if that crap happened to a fresh 3L Hybrid!!!! Sure that's one of many worst case situations that could happen if things went wrong.

From what I understand, we have to get them CNC machined. Once we know for sure how much room we have to play with on the skin, then it's on for the re-grind! I do have an extra set of SVT cams that I bought specific+ly for this purpose, so I won't need anyone to give anything up. If anyone has anything to loose it's me as they'd be the sacrifice if things go wrong.

Keep in mind, if we have new cams actually built it's gonna be around the 1750-2500 range IMO. New SVT cams are 1200+ new, so think about what you'd be getting for the money.

The quest for cam producers is leading to a bunch of dead ends, so it's really looking like Kinetics or Leo Capaldi is our best bet. I have a few more people to call/pester, so it's not down to them yet. I'll post when something turns up. Something will come of this GB....count on it!

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
OK,

I need to know who is still interested so far........

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard