Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have a company that is willing to make a carbon fibre engine cover(or valve cover, whichever you decide to call it). This piece will be an exact replice with the exception of the duratec lettering and the two vent holes by the hose will be smoothed out.

Colors are optional and will cost more. The only color that is a problem right now is the silver. The manufacturer is having problems with the dye and they are currently working on a solution.

The colors they have are blue, silver, green, orange, red and regular carbon fibre. I will see about getting some pictures of the colors and some of the different weaves they have as well.

The price will be $200 with colors being $50 more. I have not discussed the cost of shipping yet and won't do that until we get enough people on board to continue with this.

I saw some of their work and while I admittedly don't know jack about carbon fibre, I do know something about bodywork and their stuff was very nice indeed.

We need 15 people to do this. It will take about two weeks for them to make the mold and start production.

Let's get this going. We might be able to get them on board to do other things as well when we come through on this.

Any questions, please PM me, e-mail me or post here.

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
$200 is alot for that little cover...

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Yeaaah, I think that's a smidge much.

O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
It may be a lot - but the fact that this will probably be the only run they ever make it's worth it. We're too much of a small niche, prices for all our stuff will always be high. Otherwise it's not worth it because companies know they can't make hundreds of them like they can for other cars.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
$200? That's some coin for just one cover. I'm interested, but that price is pretty high. Have you talked to them about a lower price if we could get even more people to commit? If you expand past just the CEG on this GB, I bet you could find a lot more people in on it.

I'm getting a CF hood, so I am very interested to keep that going on in the engine bay.....but that price..........ouch

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Swazo:
$200? That's some coin for just one cover. I'm interested, but that price is pretty high. Have you talked to them about a lower price if we could get even more people to commit? If you expand past just the CEG on this GB, I bet you could find a lot more people in on it.

I'm getting a CF hood, so I am very interested to keep that going on in the engine bay.....but that price..........ouch

ditto. Might want to ask the cougar guys if they want in as well.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Whats the company thats going to be making these?

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
$200 is a good price I feel. Gimme some info on the company but regardless I'm probably in.

That's for the IMRC box cover, right? WAY different than the valve covers which I'm also looking at getting in CF.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
there is NO WAY that is worth more than $50....i could make one if i really wanted to but i would just rather paint it for a fraction of the cost.

Ben

95 SE ATX Electric red mucho mods 2005 Scion xB Black Sand Pearl tinted windows red leather steering wheel US Army Mechanic
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by bmxcontour:
there is NO WAY that is worth more than $50....i could make one if i really wanted to but i would just rather paint it for a fraction of the cost.

Ben

Yeah, if you're willing to buy sh!t CF... If the stuff is good I'll pay the right price. I think it's worth $200 and if I want to pay it that's up to me.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard