Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Sonofa.....

Have a CEL related to "exhuast cam overretarded". Yesterday I decided to hop under the hood and try again to get everything right. Did all the work, reset the PCM and started it up - the CEL was STILL THERE!! It didn't even go away after having the batt. unhooked for 15 minutes

So I go to Autozone. Get the code cleared and it doesn't come back at all yesterday. I'm starting to think I beat this bastard. This morning, I was going to take it in for an emmissions test (failed last time 'cause of the CEL) and while the car was warming up - DING! - there goes the CEL again.

So I go back to Autozone and get the code cleared thinking I can make it through the test since yesterday I put 30 miles on it and no code. Distance from Autozone to Emissions facility = ~10 miles.

I [censored] you not the very damn second I pull around and into the bay the damn CEL came back on again!!

I'm going down to Street Flight tonight for one last attempt. I have to get this fixed by the 2nd because that's when my 30-day extension runs out.

Had to vent...

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Annother case of VCT.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Nevermind - problem solved

Guess when we set everything my lack of patience resulted in the crank slipping away from TDC and me not catching it. Did a double-take this time - everything is perfect. I'm just an idiot

I'd guess intake and exhaust cams were both about 10 degrees off

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Rogerm60:
Annother case of VCT.

VCT is not the problem.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Glad to hear you got it fixed

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard