Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
ziz024 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I have a '95 contour that keeps stalling when driving or idleing. This is an on going problem and has happened a lot. We replaced the ignition mod., PCM, cam and crank sensor, and coil packs. At first the ignition mod fixed the problem, than it broke again. We put a new ignition mod in and it didn't fix it. even after replacing everything it will start, run for about 10 min. then die. after dieing it wont start again for almost an hour, than the same thing over again......HELP....I still owe $4000 anyone want to email me, the address is ziz024@yahoo.com

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Welcome to CEG!

More info would help.

Have you read any CEL codes?
Have you checked for lack of spark?
Driveability?
Do you smell gas?
What is your general climate?

There is a long standing recall on engine wiring problems. This may cause the injectors not to work, or cause sensor problems. The most suspect wiring is under the Upper intake manifold.

In general, problems due to engine temperature are often caused by problems with the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Welcome to the joys of Contour ownership... Fuel filter/pump? Just a guess...
Regards, Art

2004 Velocity Red RX-8 *Racing Beat Intake and Exhaust *Grand Touring Package *Red/Black Leather *Fender Strakes *Rotary Accents *Xenon HID's *Bose
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Mine did this a lot years ago - bad PCM relay in the box next to the battery. Turns the ignition module and fuel system on/off. Usually you will get a 543 code which is secondary system shut down. Does this because the primary system failed so it kills it; safety circuit in case you are in a wreck. Brown relay, same as the horn relay so you can swap them. Mine would open up, sometimes the engine died, other times it would hesitate. Problem would come and go, it was hard to catch until it died in my driveway close to my meter and wiring diagrams. Ford garage replaced the fuel pump, a wiring harness, spent hours in the shop under warranty and they couldn't fix it. They forgot to go to the basics. I found 4 volts on a 12 volt circuit.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
had the same problem, cleaned IAC unit out, and it never died again on me.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard