Next Thread
Print Thread
#585973 03/26/03 08:42 PM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Hi. I have a white 96' Contour GL and I bought it used in November. Well anyways I bought one of those paint pens to "get rid of" all the chips and nicks on my car. When I bought the pen it matched exactly (the color on the outside is supposed to be the color of paint), but when I put it on it's kinda grayish, now my car has little gary spots all over. I can't afford a whole new paint job and I would really like to get rid of these spots. Any advice? Thanx.

"my co-workers laugh at me, but I'm not the one with the DUI..." 96' Contour Gl, White, 4 cil, Auto.,
#585974 03/26/03 11:00 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Welcome to CEG!

Get the paint code from the sticker on the drivers door jam for matching paint. Use the index for the paint colors to get the right one. Color may still be off a little due to fading but should be much closer than choosing by appearance of their sample color swatch. Don't worry about the clearcoat if you have that many scratches. Very carefully scrape the spots with the wrong color back down some. Get a 3M sanding pencil for prep work, and use some light rubbing compound so the paint sticks better. Use rubbing compound again after a week before polishing to smooth the look.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
#585975 03/27/03 04:27 AM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanx! I will update everyone on how it goes. Your support is very much appreciated.

"my co-workers laugh at me, but I'm not the one with the DUI..." 96' Contour Gl, White, 4 cil, Auto.,

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard