Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I think markus needs to get compensated for all of his hard work like they said they would. The people at discount tire need to honor their word and give markus a better deal than the deal offered to everyone else. I guess the thousands of dollars made from CEG members markus helped gather up wasn't a big deal for them.

00 zetec contour
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I think everyone that has been involved in this GB should contact them to let them know how you feel. Ask them about their return policy if you need too.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I agree

98 T-red Contour LX Zetec (100k miles) 98 T-red CSVT (40k miles) 18" Enkei Rs5's Pioneer Premier 740 12" Rockford HE powered by 420 watt amp C27 Front Fascia
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
guys... i have talked with them, and that is all they will give me.... Maybe if others involved in the GB chime in something will happen... hint hint

98 SVT #4636/6535 T-Red/midblu http://www.pbase.com/markussigpi/galleries FOR SALE: My Car.....
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:
guys... i have talked with them, and that is all they will give me.... Maybe if others involved in the GB chime in something will happen... hint hint

I'll be making a call

Plain-jane 3.0L supercharged E0 FOR SALE OR TRADE FOR STOCK SVT PLUS CASH WTB- 36# return injectors
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Just to play devil's advocate, depending how good a deal they've actually given us, they may not be making a TON of money off all these purchases anyway.

That said, Markus, if they promised you a lower price, I think they should be willing to honor it.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
OK guys...im here. Take your shots.

1.) I never said that lugs, or taxes wouldnt be charged for.
Lugs are optional
Taxes HAVE to be applied in nv,az,tx,oh becuase I have
warehouses there. No way around it.

2.) If anyone was not happy with their price...they didnt
have to buy.

3.) Markus did a lot of work..most of it done before he
called us. He tried other companies that wouldnt make
the deal as sweet as I did.

4.) We didnt sell NEARLY 15,000. I appreciate all business
but just so there are no falsehoods...Jason says there
have been 5 maybe 6 total sales so far.

5.) Markus...I give your group better pricing than anyone
else did, but Im the a$$hole? Im sorry, but this is a
business...there is only so far I can go on pricing for
the group, or for you. I dont own the company.

6.) Those of you who complained via email or phone calls..
most of the compplaints were from those who didnt even
order. Thanks to you guys...the group buy is over.

7.) There was one phone call between Markus and myself,
then I didnt hear from anyone about it in almost 2
weeks so I thought it was a dead issue. I was caught
off guard so I enlisted Jason to help...But he had all
the correct pricing, and you were all hooked up.

We were glad to work with your group. We appreciate the business. Jason and I both thought of you all as a well educated group and thats why we enjoyed talking with you. Im sorry that you guys feel that saving at LEAST $100 off your wheel & tire package wasnt good enough. And Im sorry that I must be an a$$hole as Markus said becuase I just didnt give enough. But Im sure if I came to the place one of you work, youd sell me stuff at cost right?

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I have no idea what the conversations between you and Markus were. Of course tax will be included for people that live in the distribution center states, that's a pretty standard practice. And about the lugs, I was told that the price included lugs but I would have been willing to buy them because of the deal we were getting on the wheels. Unfortunately, Jason told me you were out of 17" RS5's when I called, so I couldn't get anything.

What I'd like to know is, where'd all those people that said they'd get in on the buy go? I wasn't expecting all 40 to actually buy... but that only five or six? Yeesh.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
todd... i hope you understand that one, jason told me that there were mor than 5 people who made purchases, second, the fact that i called you an a$$hole was wrong, but i was truly frustrated with both my end, and the fact that 40 people showed interest, and only a few actually came through.

In regards to the lugs, the original deal included lugs and lug locks, mounting balancing and shipping. I know that taxes may have not been included, but i am positive that you said the rest were. I followed all of your instructions, keeping all price quotes in the form of Private messages, and did all the work for you. All you 2 had to do is pick up a phone and take an order. I am sure you guys arent the ones loading the trucks, so the task wasnt that great. Like i said before, i appreciate the Price that you had offered us, and hope you dont take this as bashing your company, because i am not.

I am simply saying that when i do business, i dont do it to make any profit, and regardless of whether or not i knew any of these people, i gave them the exact quote that you gave me. There are people that set up GB's who end up telling people that they are a little bit more expensive, so that they can make money off of it, but that isnt right. All i asked is since i was hoping to send you business, that you could extend me that favor as well.

I never asked for anything for free, but the fact of the matter is, for doing all of the work, the discount i recieved was not what i was hoping for. I am sure that you think that i was trying to bash you by saying that you were an a$$hole, but the fact is that with all of the issues that came with this GB, i was frustrated with the whold thing.....

98 SVT #4636/6535 T-Red/midblu http://www.pbase.com/markussigpi/galleries FOR SALE: My Car.....
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Im truly not concerned, its over. I understand you did a lot of leg work. Both for this GP, and before you had talked to me. Im sorry that not everyone was pleased. Do I take it personally that I've been called an a$$hole and a simple order taker? Not really, this is the internet. But to bash someone for helping...well you know. I work in advertising. I dont make commision. I help out car clubs, because I am a car freak myself. I even had the pleasure of borrowing a 99 SVT silver contour with blue interior while my mustand was getting a 351 in it. Those days were welllllll before I was in the tire business and when I was one of you. I actually called DTD way back when and set up a Nitto Drag Radial GP. Now I handle them from the other end. Anyway. Thanks to those who ordered, and thanks to those who called to complain.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard