Finally fitted them up last night...

Focus SVT Calipers
Focus SVT Caliper Brackets
Focus SVT Pads
Focus SVT Rotors (300 mm)
Aeroquip/Mocal Braided Lines
Russell Speed Bleeders
Valvoline Synthetic Fluid
Special Shims (just a lock washer, will explain)

I am going to write a how-to and put it on the Dtec Tuning website real soon!

I haven't broke them in yet so I haven't got to get on them yet. As soon as I do I will let ya know how they feel. They look sooo much better!! The pedal feel is much firmer with all the above mods too

Unrelated to the Focus SVT swap I also installed ..

Moog Greaseable outer tie rod ends
Cougar Eibachs
ST200 Struts

It feels like a new car! 75K and running strong!!

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
looks great, I hope in that last pic the car was still jacked up cause, DAMN! That's a lot of wheelgap!

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
FSVT Bracket?? All we needed to do the install was the caliper/rotor and you can use the stock bolts on your car to fasten them. I still have the bag of lock washers I bought from home depot...I have to get a pic up of it so people know what to buy. I also think Chris A has alot of pics during the installation of them on our cars but it's REALLY self explanatory anyway. They sure do fill up the wheel nice don't they?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
FSVT Bracket?? All we needed to do the install was the caliper/rotor and you can use the stock bolts on your car to fasten them. I still have the bag of lock washers I bought from home depot...I have to get a pic up of it so people know what to buy. I also think Chris A has alot of pics during the installation of them on our cars but it's REALLY self explanatory anyway. They sure do fill up the wheel nice don't they?

The CSVT bracket wouldn't clear the big rotor. With the CSVT bracket sitting on the rotor the bolt holes on the bracket and in the nuckle were way off. There is no way they will fit on a larger rotor with a braket designed to space the caliper away for a 278 mm rotor. The FSVT bracket is a little taller and fits up perfect. I have a bunch of pics including a great series comparing the 2 brackets. I will post them when I get home from work.

The FSVT calipers come mounted on FSVT brackets. they have a number "24" stamped on them. Are you sure you are not using the brackets that came with the caliper? Chris, you have to be!

They fill up the wheel great!! I love it!!!! I have some pics of the washers. I will post those too later! And yes the car was on jacks in all the pictures. I have yet to take pictures of it on the ground.

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:

The CSVT bracket wouldn't clear the big rotor. With the CSVT bracket sitting on the rotor the bolt holes on the bracket and in the nuckle were way off. There is no way they will fit on a larger rotor with a braket designed to space the caliper away for a 278 mm rotor. The FSVT bracket is a little taller and fits up perfect. I have a bunch of pics including a great series comparing the 2 brackets. I will post them when I get home from work.

The FSVT calipers come mounted on FSVT brackets. they have a number "24" stamped on them. Are you sure you are not using the brackets that came with the caliper? Chris, you have to be!

They fill up the wheel great!! I love it!!!! I have some pics of the washers. I will post those too later! And yes the car was on jacks in all the pictures. I have yet to take pictures of it on the ground.

The calipers and brackets are an 'all-in-one' design. We did use the FSVT brackets/calipers as a whole. I love the look and the upgrade was just a clear path, to me at least. Most bang for the buck. I'm like Roger, I like factory upgrades, when possible.

Edit: I didn't take one picture, Micah did and he has disappeared, so no pictures from our install Chris.

Last edited by Shaggy; 03/13/03 06:43 PM.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
If you don't mind me asking, how much were all the parts?

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Is it just me or do those FSVT calipers and pads look REMARKABLY the same as E0 calipers? Hmmmmmmm.....

If they ARE the same, maybe we can gey buy with just buying the caliper brakets and rotors to upgrade to FSVT sizes, like the SE boys do to upgrade to E1 CSVT brakes. :idea:

Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? I wonder if anyone with an E0 has converted to FSVT brakes....? :ponder:

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yes, it was well worth the money. I'll have to bust micah's chops about those pics. You guys confused me...i thought you were mentoining the brackets as an extra part. Total cost after the core return was $360 IIRC. Definitley an improvement. With some better pads front and rear I should be golden.

Originally posted by Shaggy:

The calipers and brackets are an 'all-in-one' design. We did use the FSVT brackets/calipers as a whole. I love the look and the upgrade was just a clear path, to me at least. Most bang for the buck. I'm like Roger, I like factory upgrades, when possible.

Edit: I didn't take one picture, Micah did and he has disappeared, so no pictures from our install Chris.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
D
anastazi, i am looking for new rotors and pads and i hear that you are the person to talk to. pm me if you are.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Is it just me or do those FSVT calipers and pads look REMARKABLY the same as E0 calipers? Hmmmmmmm.....

If they ARE the same, maybe we can gey buy with just buying the caliper brakets and rotors to upgrade to FSVT sizes, like the SE boys do to upgrade to E1 CSVT brakes.

Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? I wonder if anyone with an E0 has converted to FSVT brakes....?

Boy if that is the case then this IS the answer for me!!

I need new brackets and probably new rotors too. I think I am going to get those Bendix pads you are selling too. PM me if you find out anything good will you?

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yes I am people! PM coming your way....

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:

If they ARE the same, maybe we can gey buy with just buying the caliper brakets and rotors to upgrade to FSVT sizes, like the SE boys do to upgrade to E1 CSVT brakes.

Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? I wonder if anyone with an E0 has converted to FSVT brakes....?

Boy if that is the case then this IS the answer for me!!

I need new brackets and probably new rotors too. I think I am going to get those Bendix pads you are selling too. PM me if you find out anything good will you?

warmonger

I will try and find out. Rara who works for Ford as a brake engineer can clear this up for me.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
looks good man, when i need front brakes thats what i will be doing. oh, looks to me in the last pic your tire is going the wrong way....... shouldnt rotate side to side with directional tires.

2004 silver srt-4 with some mods(FOR SALE) ;-) 1998 t-red CSVT stock and beat up :-( 1997 z24 cavalier with some mods(FOR SALE) :-? old ride- 98 Silver CSVT with some mods ;-)
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by sordz:
looks good man, when i need front brakes thats what i will be doing. oh, looks to me in the last pic your tire is going the wrong way....... shouldnt rotate side to side with directional tires.

LoL...I knew someone would catch that!!! I just installed that wheel as a mock up as to what it would look like. I grabbed the first wheel in my stack and it was a left side. After the photo I removed the tire and finished the install.Then installed the wheels/tires on the correct sides, off the jacks and torqued!

U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
looks great, I hope in that last pic the car was still jacked up cause, DAMN! That's a lot of wheelgap!

It was..
Looks great btw, good work.

2k silver svt #1721 Ignorance breeds stupidity..
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
How much of an increase in braking performance will these have over the E1 brakes? Would it be about the same but just have more fade resistance?

Mark 95 Contour SE ATX Mods: A few mods with a few more to come
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Better braking AND fade resisitance. FSVT Brakes have a rotor 1" bigger in diameter!

F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Stazi - I have some really good detailed pics of the calipers and pads before being mounted. A lot of them. I will post them up later...If anyone has good pics of E0 SVT calipers and pads we can compare them.

I also noticed that the calipers and pads are made by ATE..Just like the E0 ones were... Hmmmmm!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Please do! ASAP

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I could use any detailed pics anyone has of both E0 and E1 front calipers.

I will be sure to post whatever I find out from what I'm working on.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Stazi - I have some really good detailed pics of the calipers and pads before being mounted. A lot of them. I will post them up later...If anyone has good pics of E0 SVT calipers and pads we can compare them.

I also noticed that the calipers and pads are made by ATE..Just like the E0 ones were... Hmmmmm!

I am thinking about doing a little brake work this spring. the timing of this thread could not be better!

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
yes, great work!! i have a SLIGHTLY off topic Q though. I have kvr (253mm rear) x-drilled, to make it look more uniform. does kvr sell 300mm rotors xdrilld that have all the clearance necessary (noob to brake engineering)?

Turbo'd Cougar 2.0L w/ 75 shot ... its got some stuff in it ... NOT that fast NOT that furious :P
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Apff...we started on this topic WAY back in the summer time!

Toying with the idea of messing with the rear calipers/rotors from a FSVT, but I dunno yet.

Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:

I am thinking about doing a little brake work this spring. the timing of this thread could not be better!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
whats the cost of a total swap here?

1999 SVT #336 Tropic Green 19" Axis Se7ens INJEN intake OMP Strut Brace HPP Rear Brace B&G Drop www.cardomain.com/id/svtpyr8
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Cost about $360 after I got my core charge back.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
how are you getting the core charge back? did you have broken svt focus calipers just lying around?

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
tru that, also is this a 4 wheel conversioon ir jsut the front 2

1999 SVT #336 Tropic Green 19" Axis Se7ens INJEN intake OMP Strut Brace HPP Rear Brace B&G Drop www.cardomain.com/id/svtpyr8
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Call bill jenkins. I sent him my old stock SVT contour calipers and got a core return.

Also, this is just a front conversion...I would like to experiment with the rear, but money, time and other priorities are an issue right now. For all intensive purposes, the rears should work as well. Just need to buy the parts and try it.

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Will this work for an SE with 15" wheels or not? Otherwise I am thinking of getting CSVT brakes.

98 SE V6 MTX T RED bridgestone potenza re950 open air filter side makers and removed ding guards , gutted percats, no muffler SVT brakes SpecIII cluch and spec flywheel torsen diff soon
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
No, you need at least 16" wheels to clear.

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Thanks, Fluid. I knew I was wishing to much for it work.

98 SE V6 MTX T RED bridgestone potenza re950 open air filter side makers and removed ding guards , gutted percats, no muffler SVT brakes SpecIII cluch and spec flywheel torsen diff soon
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into making caliper brackets that would allow the E0 calipers to clear the larger rotor? My calipers are good, so I am loathe to get rid of them!

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into making caliper brackets that would allow the E0 calipers to clear the larger rotor? My calipers are good, so I am loathe to get rid of them!

I've got a borrowed SVT Focus caliper that I will be pulling the bracket from and testing w/ the E1 caliper to see if it will clear the SVT Focus rotor.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Rara:

I've got a borrowed SVT Focus caliper that I will be pulling the bracket from and testing w/ the E1 caliper to see if it will clear the SVT Focus rotor.

This is what I'm waiting for!!
I don't have a lot of money left after the turbo costs so I need a simple upgrade. If the focus SVT brackets will allow my existing calipers to clear the rotors then I'll be set! The new brackets will fix the problem that I have with the abnormal wear on the old brackets.

What about pads? Those are determined by both the caliper and the mounting bracket on our cars. Will the focus bracket require focus SVT pads or SVT pads, or are they the same? If the pads are E0 for Focus SVT will the E1 calipers still work with them?

Eagerly waiting!

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Yeah. Just like what Warmonger said. I'm holding off
buying the Bendix titanium brake pads until we find out
what the deal is.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
anyone getting rid of their old csvt gear, toss me PM, im interested in going from (260mm to 278mm) lemme know :P

Turbo'd Cougar 2.0L w/ 75 shot ... its got some stuff in it ... NOT that fast NOT that furious :P
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Well, for the folks interested, I have in fact confirmed that using the SVT Focus caliper bracket and rotor with the existing E1 (or regular) contour caliper body and pads is feasible. It will still require the same shim as you would if you were using the entire SVT Focus caliper though.

Couple of notes, I did not verify the shim size necessary, as I didn't have the time to fool w/ it. When using the regular contour caliper w/ the SVTF bracket, you will not make use of all of the available swept area of the rotor, but because the area not used is to the inside of the rotor, it should not make a significant difference in braking ability. While I didn't have an E0 caliper to check also, I suspect it will fit just the same, though it will use a bit more of the rotor area (just like the difference w/ the Eo and E1 calipers on the 278mm rotor)

And lastly, I do not even know if the caliper brackets are available seperately, I borrowed a complete SVTF caliper from a friend and disassembled it for this trial.

Oh, and the retention spring on the end, you can use the regular contour one, it looks identical to the focus one.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Thanks so much for this information. I have an E0 and let me get this clear, you do believe you can still use the E0 calipers with the FSVT rotors? The E0 calipers will actually be larger than the E1, so more swept area? And lastly I still use CSVT Pads correct? Thanks again for the trial runs!!
-Matt

98 Silver Frost SVT Frostie
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
this is going to be sweet! im callin the dealer monday to see if i can get the caliper brackets. what are we talkin about shims(just washers) and ill only need 4 right? or what?

2004 silver srt-4 with some mods(FOR SALE) ;-) 1998 t-red CSVT stock and beat up :-( 1997 z24 cavalier with some mods(FOR SALE) :-? old ride- 98 Silver CSVT with some mods ;-)
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by slvr98svt:
Thanks so much for this information. I have an E0 and let me get this clear, you do believe you can still use the E0 calipers with the FSVT rotors? The E0 calipers will actually be larger than the E1, so more swept area? And lastly I still use CSVT Pads correct? Thanks again for the trial runs!!
-Matt

Remember, I have not checked the E0 calipers, so I am not sure. And further, I have not checked even the E1 for function, only fit, and with no shim at that.
That said, it does appear that the E0 caliper will work the same. And the pads you would use would be the same ones you would use for whatever caliper you are using.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by sordz:
this is going to be sweet! im callin the dealer monday to see if i can get the caliper brackets. what are we talkin about shims(just washers) and ill only need 4 right? or what?

I can't vouch for the exact size of the shim required, as I did not measure; though by all appearances, whatever other folks are using for the SVT Focus calipers complete for this swap, should work the same.

Now, just a little warning for you guys considering doing this. When you shim a caliper out on its mount, you make the mount less rigid. The caliper is now cantilevered out on the mounting bolts, making it more likely to flex about a line going through both mounting bolts. What this can cause is excessive DTV. DTV stands for disc thickness variation, and a lot of people will mistake a rotor with excessive DTV for a warped rotor, though not that it makes much difference to most people a the end result is the same (buying a new rotor, or possibly having the old one turned)

DTV can be caused by one pad on a caliper dragging on the rotor more than the other pad on the same caliper during normal driving (ie not while you are actually braking) and it sort of grinds away more of the rotor on one side, making the thickness of the disc different on one side vs. the other.

To make a long story short, it could lead to shorter life of your rotors and pads than would normally be expected.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
well i called the dealer and he said that it looks like the caliper bolts to the knucle assy there is no bracket. i tried telling him there has to be a bracket, right? well in any case it doesnt look like it is a seperate part that is available...unless there is a part number on the bracket. is there a part number?

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I am almost positive the caliper and bracket have one part number cause they are one piece. Bill jenkins gave me the following numbers back in the summer when i bought mine:

2M5Z2B120AA 97.56 r/f caliper

2M5Z2B121AA 97.56 l/f caliper

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Great!!!!

This is what i need. I tried getting part numbers on FSVT brackets two days ago but they aren't listing any part numbers? What is our next step?
I need these brakes fixed asap so I am eagerly trying to figure out how to get those brackets and bigger rotors.

warmonger

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
like i said, i dont' think you can get the brackets seperate. bill will let you return your stock calipers as a core exchange. so for $260, you get new rotors AND calipers and pads.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
like i said, i dont' think you can get the brackets seperate. bill will let you return your stock calipers as a core exchange. so for $260, you get new rotors AND calipers and pads.

whoah, where can you get a set of front SVT Focus rotors for $60????? Sounds like a deal. That is assuming the calipers cost what you posted previously . . .

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by Rara:

whoah, where can you get a set of front SVT Focus rotors for $60????? Sounds like a deal. That is assuming the calipers cost what you posted previously . . .

Am I missing something here? Brian, he said $260! I only know of one person that can get a deal like that... Oh, its not me!

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
The one person who can get them for $260 is a 2FastTypeR. Everyone else gets them for $360, correct me if I am wrong here (I want to be wrong)

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by geoffct:
The one person who can get them for $260 is a 2FastTypeR. Everyone else gets them for $360, correct me if I am wrong here (I want to be wrong)

I am pretty certain Chris (Greatone) and I got them for about $360, I just need to find my receipt to confirm. Actually, I know I posted a price breakdown awhile ago.

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Oh, a FYI for everyone contemplating the FSVT swap, I would go ahead and order 4x W500443-S426. Those are the longer mounting bolts I used to mount the calipers to the hub. You don't really need them as the OE bolts are long enough, I'm just really anal and wanted a 3mm longer bolt to take the place of the almost 3mm washer put in between the hub and caliper.

Edit:
Of course, a big thanks goes to Brian for finding the correct part numbers and Bill J. for finding them in the catalog, as they had to be cross-referenced a wacky way!

Last edited by Shaggy; 04/05/03 02:07 AM.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
My bad...i meant $360. Heh.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Oh, a FYI for everyone contemplating the FSVT swap, I would go ahead and order 4x W500443-S426. Those are the longer mounting bolts I used to mount the calipers to the hub. You don't really need them as the OE bolts are long enough, I'm just really anal and wanted a 3mm longer bolt to take the place of the almost 3mm washer put in between the hub and caliper.

Edit:
Of course, a big thanks goes to Brian for finding the correct part numbers and Bill J. for finding them in the catalog, as they had to be cross-referenced a wacky way!

Chris,

I'm not sure what you mean about a 3mm longer bolt taking the place of the almost 3mm washer put between the hub and caliper. Are you saying you can get rid of the spacers/washers by using longer bolts? I'm having a hard time seeing how that works. Also would pads for the latest model CSVT brakes fit with the FSVT calipers? If so, I can go ahead and get some Bendix Titanium pads for the CSVT since they're not made yet for the FSVT.

Thanks,

George

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by geoffct:

I am pretty certain Chris (Greatone) and I got them for about $360, I just need to find my receipt to confirm. Actually, I know I posted a price breakdown awhile ago.

It was a joke, 2FastTypeR is always mistyping things.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ghodge:

Chris,

I'm not sure what you mean about a 3mm longer bolt taking the place of the almost 3mm washer put between the hub and caliper. Are you saying you can get rid of the spacers/washers by using longer bolts? I'm having a hard time seeing how that works.

no the spacers move the caliper/bracket out from the bracket on the car, so we were afraid the stock bolts would be too short. Chris tracked down the "correct" size bolts...but we put the stockers on my car and they are plenty long...i've been using them since november.

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
George, Chris pretty much summed it all up for me, re: bolt length. As for the pads, I didn't actually measure them, as I should have. I do know the FSVT pads are larger than my E1 pads. At the time I didn't have a digicam, so I didn't take a side by side pic. I know I have see one somewhere though!

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Thanks alot for the clarification guys. I guess with what I know now, I won't do the conversion until Bendix comes out with some pads for the SVT Focus.

Have you guys noticed any unusual wear patterns like Rara described?

What are those lines/fine grooves on the rotors for? Are they some sort of wear indicator?

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Does anyone know how we are going to source these brackets separate from the calipers?

Rara, is there some way you could find out who supplies the assemblies to the Focus SVT assembly plants? I was thinking it might be a sub-company or outside source that would sell the brackets. I am pretty sure by now that Ford wont pay for a brand new part being designed for the FocusSVT if they can easily source it from somwhere else. Maybe we need to start looking at all the cars using 12" rotors in the Ford line-up. Man I need to fix these brakes! I may have to buy stock caliper brackets, turn these rotors again, and get new pads just to have the brakes normal again.

warmonger

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
IIRC the calipers come from Continental-Teves, but from their european division. I'm pretty sure Teves won't sell the calipers or brackets to the general public, as they don't have any retail outlets for parts, and there may contractural issues w/ Ford (I'm pretty sure there is) I will see what I can do about hunting down something comparable where the bracket is available seperately.

Fwiw, I can't think of another Ford car w/ a 300mm rotor.
The Focus RS does have a 330mm rotor, but it is just the same casting as the Cobra front rotor, but drilled for the proper bolt pattern.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I beleive the Xtype's use the same exact calipers up front and in the back (not exactly a ford lineup but may help in locating something)

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
I beleive the Xtype's use the same exact calipers up front and in the back (not exactly a ford lineup but may help in locating something)

Interesting, and now that I think about it, very possible, I'll see what I can dig up . . .

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hey, is it possible to take 5 Lug rotors and drill 4 new holes for the contour bolt pattern? I know it can be done, but is it going to significantly affect the strength? Its probably cheaper to just buy focus rotors.
I am playing with the idea of different calipers and brackets from other front drive vehicles. My wifes van is a ford windstar and it has 12.1" rotors IIRC and is front wheel drive. I am going to take a look this weekend if I remember to see what the calipers and pads look like.
Hopefully something will present itself or one of you will find out another viable solution soon.

warmonger

F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
The calipers are made by ATE. At least that is what is stamped all over them as well as the pads.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
The calipers are made by ATE. At least that is what is stamped all over them as well as the pads.

Yeah, IIRC, ATE is part of Conti-Teves

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard