Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
My bad...i meant $360. Heh.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Oh, a FYI for everyone contemplating the FSVT swap, I would go ahead and order 4x W500443-S426. Those are the longer mounting bolts I used to mount the calipers to the hub. You don't really need them as the OE bolts are long enough, I'm just really anal and wanted a 3mm longer bolt to take the place of the almost 3mm washer put in between the hub and caliper.

Edit:
Of course, a big thanks goes to Brian for finding the correct part numbers and Bill J. for finding them in the catalog, as they had to be cross-referenced a wacky way!

Chris,

I'm not sure what you mean about a 3mm longer bolt taking the place of the almost 3mm washer put between the hub and caliper. Are you saying you can get rid of the spacers/washers by using longer bolts? I'm having a hard time seeing how that works. Also would pads for the latest model CSVT brakes fit with the FSVT calipers? If so, I can go ahead and get some Bendix Titanium pads for the CSVT since they're not made yet for the FSVT.

Thanks,

George

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Originally posted by geoffct:
The one person who can get them for $260 is a 2FastTypeR. Everyone else gets them for $360, correct me if I am wrong here (I want to be wrong)

I am pretty certain Chris (Greatone) and I got them for about $360, I just need to find my receipt to confirm. Actually, I know I posted a price breakdown awhile ago.

It was a joke, 2FastTypeR is always mistyping things.

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ghodge:

Chris,

I'm not sure what you mean about a 3mm longer bolt taking the place of the almost 3mm washer put between the hub and caliper. Are you saying you can get rid of the spacers/washers by using longer bolts? I'm having a hard time seeing how that works.

no the spacers move the caliper/bracket out from the bracket on the car, so we were afraid the stock bolts would be too short. Chris tracked down the "correct" size bolts...but we put the stockers on my car and they are plenty long...i've been using them since november.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
George, Chris pretty much summed it all up for me, re: bolt length. As for the pads, I didn't actually measure them, as I should have. I do know the FSVT pads are larger than my E1 pads. At the time I didn't have a digicam, so I didn't take a side by side pic. I know I have see one somewhere though!

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Thanks alot for the clarification guys. I guess with what I know now, I won't do the conversion until Bendix comes out with some pads for the SVT Focus.

Have you guys noticed any unusual wear patterns like Rara described?

What are those lines/fine grooves on the rotors for? Are they some sort of wear indicator?

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Does anyone know how we are going to source these brackets separate from the calipers?

Rara, is there some way you could find out who supplies the assemblies to the Focus SVT assembly plants? I was thinking it might be a sub-company or outside source that would sell the brackets. I am pretty sure by now that Ford wont pay for a brand new part being designed for the FocusSVT if they can easily source it from somwhere else. Maybe we need to start looking at all the cars using 12" rotors in the Ford line-up. Man I need to fix these brakes! I may have to buy stock caliper brackets, turn these rotors again, and get new pads just to have the brakes normal again.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
IIRC the calipers come from Continental-Teves, but from their european division. I'm pretty sure Teves won't sell the calipers or brackets to the general public, as they don't have any retail outlets for parts, and there may contractural issues w/ Ford (I'm pretty sure there is) I will see what I can do about hunting down something comparable where the bracket is available seperately.

Fwiw, I can't think of another Ford car w/ a 300mm rotor.
The Focus RS does have a 330mm rotor, but it is just the same casting as the Cobra front rotor, but drilled for the proper bolt pattern.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I beleive the Xtype's use the same exact calipers up front and in the back (not exactly a ford lineup but may help in locating something)

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
I beleive the Xtype's use the same exact calipers up front and in the back (not exactly a ford lineup but may help in locating something)

Interesting, and now that I think about it, very possible, I'll see what I can dig up . . .

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard