Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Thanks, Fluid. I knew I was wishing to much for it work.

98 SE V6 MTX T RED bridgestone potenza re950 open air filter side makers and removed ding guards , gutted percats, no muffler SVT brakes SpecIII cluch and spec flywheel torsen diff soon
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into making caliper brackets that would allow the E0 calipers to clear the larger rotor? My calipers are good, so I am loathe to get rid of them!

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into making caliper brackets that would allow the E0 calipers to clear the larger rotor? My calipers are good, so I am loathe to get rid of them!

I've got a borrowed SVT Focus caliper that I will be pulling the bracket from and testing w/ the E1 caliper to see if it will clear the SVT Focus rotor.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Rara:
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:

I've got a borrowed SVT Focus caliper that I will be pulling the bracket from and testing w/ the E1 caliper to see if it will clear the SVT Focus rotor.

This is what I'm waiting for!!
I don't have a lot of money left after the turbo costs so I need a simple upgrade. If the focus SVT brackets will allow my existing calipers to clear the rotors then I'll be set! The new brackets will fix the problem that I have with the abnormal wear on the old brackets.

What about pads? Those are determined by both the caliper and the mounting bracket on our cars. Will the focus bracket require focus SVT pads or SVT pads, or are they the same? If the pads are E0 for Focus SVT will the E1 calipers still work with them?

Eagerly waiting!

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Yeah. Just like what Warmonger said. I'm holding off
buying the Bendix titanium brake pads until we find out
what the deal is.

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
anyone getting rid of their old csvt gear, toss me PM, im interested in going from (260mm to 278mm) lemme know :P

Turbo'd Cougar 2.0L w/ 75 shot ... its got some stuff in it ... NOT that fast NOT that furious :P
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Well, for the folks interested, I have in fact confirmed that using the SVT Focus caliper bracket and rotor with the existing E1 (or regular) contour caliper body and pads is feasible. It will still require the same shim as you would if you were using the entire SVT Focus caliper though.

Couple of notes, I did not verify the shim size necessary, as I didn't have the time to fool w/ it. When using the regular contour caliper w/ the SVTF bracket, you will not make use of all of the available swept area of the rotor, but because the area not used is to the inside of the rotor, it should not make a significant difference in braking ability. While I didn't have an E0 caliper to check also, I suspect it will fit just the same, though it will use a bit more of the rotor area (just like the difference w/ the Eo and E1 calipers on the 278mm rotor)

And lastly, I do not even know if the caliper brackets are available seperately, I borrowed a complete SVTF caliper from a friend and disassembled it for this trial.

Oh, and the retention spring on the end, you can use the regular contour one, it looks identical to the focus one.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Thanks so much for this information. I have an E0 and let me get this clear, you do believe you can still use the E0 calipers with the FSVT rotors? The E0 calipers will actually be larger than the E1, so more swept area? And lastly I still use CSVT Pads correct? Thanks again for the trial runs!!
-Matt

98 Silver Frost SVT Frostie
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
this is going to be sweet! im callin the dealer monday to see if i can get the caliper brackets. what are we talkin about shims(just washers) and ill only need 4 right? or what?

2004 silver srt-4 with some mods(FOR SALE) ;-) 1998 t-red CSVT stock and beat up :-( 1997 z24 cavalier with some mods(FOR SALE) :-? old ride- 98 Silver CSVT with some mods ;-)
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by slvr98svt:
Thanks so much for this information. I have an E0 and let me get this clear, you do believe you can still use the E0 calipers with the FSVT rotors? The E0 calipers will actually be larger than the E1, so more swept area? And lastly I still use CSVT Pads correct? Thanks again for the trial runs!!
-Matt

Remember, I have not checked the E0 calipers, so I am not sure. And further, I have not checked even the E1 for function, only fit, and with no shim at that.
That said, it does appear that the E0 caliper will work the same. And the pads you would use would be the same ones you would use for whatever caliper you are using.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard