Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:
Stazi - I have some really good detailed pics of the calipers and pads before being mounted. A lot of them. I will post them up later...If anyone has good pics of E0 SVT calipers and pads we can compare them.

I also noticed that the calipers and pads are made by ATE..Just like the E0 ones were... Hmmmmm!

I am thinking about doing a little brake work this spring. the timing of this thread could not be better!

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
yes, great work!! i have a SLIGHTLY off topic Q though. I have kvr (253mm rear) x-drilled, to make it look more uniform. does kvr sell 300mm rotors xdrilld that have all the clearance necessary (noob to brake engineering)?

Turbo'd Cougar 2.0L w/ 75 shot ... its got some stuff in it ... NOT that fast NOT that furious :P
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Apff...we started on this topic WAY back in the summer time!

Toying with the idea of messing with the rear calipers/rotors from a FSVT, but I dunno yet.

Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:
Stazi - I have some really good detailed pics of the calipers and pads before being mounted. A lot of them. I will post them up later...If anyone has good pics of E0 SVT calipers and pads we can compare them.

I also noticed that the calipers and pads are made by ATE..Just like the E0 ones were... Hmmmmm!

I am thinking about doing a little brake work this spring. the timing of this thread could not be better!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
whats the cost of a total swap here?

1999 SVT #336 Tropic Green 19" Axis Se7ens INJEN intake OMP Strut Brace HPP Rear Brace B&G Drop www.cardomain.com/id/svtpyr8
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Cost about $360 after I got my core charge back.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
how are you getting the core charge back? did you have broken svt focus calipers just lying around?

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
tru that, also is this a 4 wheel conversioon ir jsut the front 2

1999 SVT #336 Tropic Green 19" Axis Se7ens INJEN intake OMP Strut Brace HPP Rear Brace B&G Drop www.cardomain.com/id/svtpyr8
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Call bill jenkins. I sent him my old stock SVT contour calipers and got a core return.

Also, this is just a front conversion...I would like to experiment with the rear, but money, time and other priorities are an issue right now. For all intensive purposes, the rears should work as well. Just need to buy the parts and try it.

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Will this work for an SE with 15" wheels or not? Otherwise I am thinking of getting CSVT brakes.

98 SE V6 MTX T RED bridgestone potenza re950 open air filter side makers and removed ding guards , gutted percats, no muffler SVT brakes SpecIII cluch and spec flywheel torsen diff soon
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
No, you need at least 16" wheels to clear.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard