Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yes I am people! PM coming your way....

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Is it just me or do those FSVT calipers and pads look REMARKABLY the same as E0 calipers? Hmmmmmmm.....

If they ARE the same, maybe we can gey buy with just buying the caliper brakets and rotors to upgrade to FSVT sizes, like the SE boys do to upgrade to E1 CSVT brakes.

Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? I wonder if anyone with an E0 has converted to FSVT brakes....?

Boy if that is the case then this IS the answer for me!!

I need new brackets and probably new rotors too. I think I am going to get those Bendix pads you are selling too. PM me if you find out anything good will you?

warmonger

I will try and find out. Rara who works for Ford as a brake engineer can clear this up for me.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
looks good man, when i need front brakes thats what i will be doing. oh, looks to me in the last pic your tire is going the wrong way....... shouldnt rotate side to side with directional tires.

2004 silver srt-4 with some mods(FOR SALE) ;-) 1998 t-red CSVT stock and beat up :-( 1997 z24 cavalier with some mods(FOR SALE) :-? old ride- 98 Silver CSVT with some mods ;-)
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by sordz:
looks good man, when i need front brakes thats what i will be doing. oh, looks to me in the last pic your tire is going the wrong way....... shouldnt rotate side to side with directional tires.

LoL...I knew someone would catch that!!! I just installed that wheel as a mock up as to what it would look like. I grabbed the first wheel in my stack and it was a left side. After the photo I removed the tire and finished the install.Then installed the wheels/tires on the correct sides, off the jacks and torqued!

U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
looks great, I hope in that last pic the car was still jacked up cause, DAMN! That's a lot of wheelgap!

It was..
Looks great btw, good work.

2k silver svt #1721 Ignorance breeds stupidity..
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
How much of an increase in braking performance will these have over the E1 brakes? Would it be about the same but just have more fade resistance?

Mark 95 Contour SE ATX Mods: A few mods with a few more to come
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Better braking AND fade resisitance. FSVT Brakes have a rotor 1" bigger in diameter!

F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Stazi - I have some really good detailed pics of the calipers and pads before being mounted. A lot of them. I will post them up later...If anyone has good pics of E0 SVT calipers and pads we can compare them.

I also noticed that the calipers and pads are made by ATE..Just like the E0 ones were... Hmmmmm!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Please do! ASAP

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I could use any detailed pics anyone has of both E0 and E1 front calipers.

I will be sure to post whatever I find out from what I'm working on.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard