Finally fitted them up last night...

Focus SVT Calipers
Focus SVT Caliper Brackets
Focus SVT Pads
Focus SVT Rotors (300 mm)
Aeroquip/Mocal Braided Lines
Russell Speed Bleeders
Valvoline Synthetic Fluid
Special Shims (just a lock washer, will explain)

I am going to write a how-to and put it on the Dtec Tuning website real soon!

I haven't broke them in yet so I haven't got to get on them yet. As soon as I do I will let ya know how they feel. They look sooo much better!! The pedal feel is much firmer with all the above mods too

Unrelated to the Focus SVT swap I also installed ..

Moog Greaseable outer tie rod ends
Cougar Eibachs
ST200 Struts

It feels like a new car! 75K and running strong!!

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
looks great, I hope in that last pic the car was still jacked up cause, DAMN! That's a lot of wheelgap!

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
FSVT Bracket?? All we needed to do the install was the caliper/rotor and you can use the stock bolts on your car to fasten them. I still have the bag of lock washers I bought from home depot...I have to get a pic up of it so people know what to buy. I also think Chris A has alot of pics during the installation of them on our cars but it's REALLY self explanatory anyway. They sure do fill up the wheel nice don't they?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
FSVT Bracket?? All we needed to do the install was the caliper/rotor and you can use the stock bolts on your car to fasten them. I still have the bag of lock washers I bought from home depot...I have to get a pic up of it so people know what to buy. I also think Chris A has alot of pics during the installation of them on our cars but it's REALLY self explanatory anyway. They sure do fill up the wheel nice don't they?

The CSVT bracket wouldn't clear the big rotor. With the CSVT bracket sitting on the rotor the bolt holes on the bracket and in the nuckle were way off. There is no way they will fit on a larger rotor with a braket designed to space the caliper away for a 278 mm rotor. The FSVT bracket is a little taller and fits up perfect. I have a bunch of pics including a great series comparing the 2 brackets. I will post them when I get home from work.

The FSVT calipers come mounted on FSVT brackets. they have a number "24" stamped on them. Are you sure you are not using the brackets that came with the caliper? Chris, you have to be!

They fill up the wheel great!! I love it!!!! I have some pics of the washers. I will post those too later! And yes the car was on jacks in all the pictures. I have yet to take pictures of it on the ground.

S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:

The CSVT bracket wouldn't clear the big rotor. With the CSVT bracket sitting on the rotor the bolt holes on the bracket and in the nuckle were way off. There is no way they will fit on a larger rotor with a braket designed to space the caliper away for a 278 mm rotor. The FSVT bracket is a little taller and fits up perfect. I have a bunch of pics including a great series comparing the 2 brackets. I will post them when I get home from work.

The FSVT calipers come mounted on FSVT brackets. they have a number "24" stamped on them. Are you sure you are not using the brackets that came with the caliper? Chris, you have to be!

They fill up the wheel great!! I love it!!!! I have some pics of the washers. I will post those too later! And yes the car was on jacks in all the pictures. I have yet to take pictures of it on the ground.

The calipers and brackets are an 'all-in-one' design. We did use the FSVT brackets/calipers as a whole. I love the look and the upgrade was just a clear path, to me at least. Most bang for the buck. I'm like Roger, I like factory upgrades, when possible.

Edit: I didn't take one picture, Micah did and he has disappeared, so no pictures from our install Chris.

Last edited by Shaggy; 03/13/03 06:43 PM.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
If you don't mind me asking, how much were all the parts?

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Is it just me or do those FSVT calipers and pads look REMARKABLY the same as E0 calipers? Hmmmmmmm.....

If they ARE the same, maybe we can gey buy with just buying the caliper brakets and rotors to upgrade to FSVT sizes, like the SE boys do to upgrade to E1 CSVT brakes. :idea:

Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? I wonder if anyone with an E0 has converted to FSVT brakes....? :ponder:

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yes, it was well worth the money. I'll have to bust micah's chops about those pics. You guys confused me...i thought you were mentoining the brackets as an extra part. Total cost after the core return was $360 IIRC. Definitley an improvement. With some better pads front and rear I should be golden.

Originally posted by Shaggy:
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:

The calipers and brackets are an 'all-in-one' design. We did use the FSVT brackets/calipers as a whole. I love the look and the upgrade was just a clear path, to me at least. Most bang for the buck. I'm like Roger, I like factory upgrades, when possible.

Edit: I didn't take one picture, Micah did and he has disappeared, so no pictures from our install Chris.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
D
anastazi, i am looking for new rotors and pads and i hear that you are the person to talk to. pm me if you are.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Is it just me or do those FSVT calipers and pads look REMARKABLY the same as E0 calipers? Hmmmmmmm.....

If they ARE the same, maybe we can gey buy with just buying the caliper brakets and rotors to upgrade to FSVT sizes, like the SE boys do to upgrade to E1 CSVT brakes.

Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? I wonder if anyone with an E0 has converted to FSVT brakes....?

Boy if that is the case then this IS the answer for me!!

I need new brackets and probably new rotors too. I think I am going to get those Bendix pads you are selling too. PM me if you find out anything good will you?

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard