Next Thread
Print Thread
#568929 03/11/03 04:07 AM
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
I just picked up my cross drilled rotors and KVR brakes from UPS today, because there incompetent bunch of people that canâ??t find an address or carry a 23kg package. The corner of the cardboard box looks like they dropped my box at least once during shipping.
Iâ??m going to wait for the weather to warm up to put the rotors and pads on. Iâ??m not sure if it is wise to break them in when the weather is so cold.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
#568930 03/11/03 05:12 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Sweet i was debating whether or not to get cross drilled brakes but opted not to because of fundage. Hey if you need some help with the brakes give me a shout. I've done mine already and it wasn't that hard at all.
Only the rear discs were a REAL PITA>.....

1997 T-Red Contour V-6 MTX It HaS BeGuN!!!!!!!!!!!
#568931 03/11/03 05:43 AM
A
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
A
I would appreciate the help, but i'm not planning to install the rotors until the weather warms up a bit. I was reading the install procedure and it states that thermal break-ins must be done to prevent warping and cracking, then not to drive for one hour to allow rotors to cool down to ambient temperature, and I dont think -20C is near ambient temperature.
So i will fight the urge to install the rotors/brakes for now.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard