Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by bnoon:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAATTTTTT? DemonSVT skimping out on buying new tools?!?!?!?!?! Tell me it's not true!

Actually I have the $10 set of plastic disconnect tools. 2 bolts were much quicker.

See sometimes smarter beats the fancy smancy tools. (those are cool too! )

...and no I never did get the air nailer. I just used coated & colored deck screws. Worked out great!

You must have some faulty plastic disconnect tools then. I've got Kinger's fuel line disconnect on video. I'll download it to my site again since it's such a small file. Two bolts using a high speed air ratchet would get whooped... Even when doing the return style cars.

But if you have the ratchet set sitting on the cowl with tools right there, and the quick disconnect is somewhere in your toolbox, by the time you "find" the quick disconnect tool I'll have the line disconneted

yeah now i'm just poking fun.... but i do agree, the quick disconnect is the way to go, however it's not the ONLY way to go....

2000 Cougar V6 MTX 2001 3.0L Swap w/ PnP Heads - It ran, it boomed, it RUNS AGAIN Nearly all suspension mods Big ass stereo ...and more... See Her Here
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Is the timing cover easy to remove when the engine is out?? Is it too big or something?? I don't want to swap heads so that's why I asked you about the waterpump. I'll probably use the 2001 3L block. What is the purpose of the electric waterpump?? My mom has a 2000 taurus with the 3L duratec and the waterpump is in the same place as the 2.5L. It's run off the camshaft. I didn't see any wires hooked up to it as far as I know. The upper intake manifolds seem to be tall, will I still be able to close my hood?? Do I have to do some fabricating on the heads?? I really don't want to swap any major parts so that's why I asked.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
It's much faster to disconnect those two couplings than unbolting two bolts. I disconnected the fuel line, A/C lines in no time. And the A/C lines were very rusty!

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by fordcontoursport:
Is the timing cover easy to remove when the engine is out?? Is it too big or something?? I don't want to swap heads so that's why I asked you about the waterpump. I'll probably use the 2001 3L block. What is the purpose of the electric waterpump?? My mom has a 2000 taurus with the 3L duratec and the waterpump is in the same place as the 2.5L. It's run off the camshaft. I didn't see any wires hooked up to it as far as I know. The upper intake manifolds seem to be tall, will I still be able to close my hood?? Do I have to do some fabricating on the heads?? I really don't want to swap any major parts so that's why I asked.

That must be a very late 2000 Taurus to have the newer water pump location. All 2000's I've seen have the 'other' water pump location, which isn't off of the cam. It's off of the front timing cover area of the engine.

The timing cover is fairly easy to swap out after removing the pan and all accessories.

If you use the 2000+ blocks, they have oval port cylinder heads. You can't use the 2.5 intakes without major head port modifications and a custom adapter to mate the twin circle ports of the 2.5 intakes. Not fun. The easiest swap is the hybrid, using any 98+ block and 2.5 heads.

The after market Davies Craig electric water pump (available at BAT or through Terry Haines) comes into play for those wanting to run a '98-'00 3L block with 3L heads that have the wrong factory water pump location for the CDW-27 application. Place the electric water pump near where the factory 2.5 water pump is located. Some water line fabrication is also required.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Yeah, so I can't use the 3L heads?? I don't want to swap heads. I'm not trying to use the 2.5 intakes. I'm trying to do a straight swap . I know I have to swap those other parts that you told me about. So I have to find a 3L block that has the camshaft driven pump right?? She also has the coil on the plug ignition system so what can I do about that??

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Yes, you can use the 3L heads. You just have a lot of options to consider.

You won't use the coil on plug, you'll use the factory Contour ignition system and engine harness.

You may also need some fuel rail or line modifications because the Taurus feeds from the opposite side of the engine on the Taurus. Talk to Puck Puck since he has made it work in his Cougar.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
You need to modify the IAC, EGR and Fuel Rail.

The Fuel rail is 70% 3L fuel rail, 20% 3/8" flexible fuel injection hose, and 10% 2.5L fuel rail (going from end of rail to fuel pressure sensor)

The EGR is 30% 2.5L EGR Tube (cut just after DPFE sensor ports), 30% 5/8" heater hose, and 40% 3L EGR Tube (going from exhaust manifold to intake manifold)

The IAC is a mod of it's own. Think home based copper pipe, and use the 2.5L IAC motor, just press the pipes into the motor holes and start going from there, find a port before and another after the TB and use them.

2000 Cougar V6 MTX 2001 3.0L Swap w/ PnP Heads - It ran, it boomed, it RUNS AGAIN Nearly all suspension mods Big ass stereo ...and more... See Her Here
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAATTTTTT? DemonSVT skimping out on buying new tools?!?!?!?!?! Tell me it's not true!

Actually I have the $10 set of plastic disconnect tools. 2 bolts were much quicker.

See sometimes smarter beats the fancy smancy tools. (those are cool too! )

...and no I never did get the air nailer. I just used coated & colored deck screws. Worked out great!

Here's a 24 second video showing fuel line disconnection the proper way. Fuel line removal Mpeg Yeah, yeah, I know, my video editing skills are lacking...

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Here's a 24 second video showing fuel line disconnection the proper way. Fuel line removal Mpeg Yeah, yeah, I know, my video editing skills are lacking...

Wow! That's friggin' great!!

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Oh that's a instant classic!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard