Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Wow, a little disturbed makes me want to run right out and bust open my fuel lines right now!

Pretty good though.
Why don't you do that with the key parts of the 3L hybrid swap?
Hell, we could all take video of doing something, send it to you and compile a huge tape.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
That was actually in the plans at one time. I was going to make an official BNMotorsports 3L prep video, but was always to short on time to slow down enough to film stuff. Now that I have a good burner and Awsome video skilzzz I may just do it. Anyone up for more of the "Rick and Brad Garage Show"?

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
hell yeah I would definitely interested in seeing that! I don't know if I will be doing a 3L swap anytime, however it would be still quite useful and interesting.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
If we were to do it, we'd cover the basics too, like injector swap, intake manifold pulls and installation, pre-cat gutting 101, TB optimizing... pretty much the staples of the do-it-yourselfer, just with more experienced insight from those who have already done it several times over. I could separate it into sub directories for experience level or something too...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I would pay the $31 shipped like the SpringZing02 DVD.
Consider the following how-tos:
3.0L block prep
UIM and LIM removal and cleaning
DMD installation
Water pump installation
Alternation installation
Aussie Bar installation
Short shifter installation
TB optimization
Pre-cat gutting
Spring and Shocks installation
How to roll a contour
Apexi, emanage or my favorite, SHM Mafterburner install
Fog light modification
TH fix
etc.

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by bnoon:
If we were to do it, we'd cover the basics too, like injector swap, intake manifold pulls and installation, pre-cat gutting 101, TB optimizing... pretty much the staples of the do-it-yourselfer, just with more experienced insight from those who have already done it several times over. I could separate it into sub directories for experience level or something too...

Damn! I just put in the 36# injectors and new NGK TR6's yesterday. I could've taped it. I'm so practiced that it takes about 30 minutes from start to finish for me to change out my fuel injectors, no sh|t!
Add about 15 minutes to gap and change the plugs.

I'll tell you what I would like...a video showing the MTX-75 disassembly and install of a quaife. That would be great!

Someone buy me a transmission and I'll videotape myself putting a quaife in it! Then I'll send them a copy of the video.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by warmonger:

Damn! I just put in the 36# injectors and new NGK TR6's yesterday. I could've taped it. I'm so practiced that it takes about 30 minutes from start to finish for me to change out my fuel injectors, no sh|t!
Add about 15 minutes to gap and change the plugs.

I'll tell you what I would like...a video showing the MTX-75 disassembly and install of a quaife. That would be great!

Someone buy me a transmission and I'll videotape myself putting a quaife in it! Then I'll send them a copy of the video.

warmonger

Yeah, I've had my UIM off so many times I had to replace the bolts and chase the threads on the LIM because they were wearing out. Now if I showed you guys a video of it, it would look to different because of the 3L UIM on there.

The trans issue... well, it's a bit advanced for the average DIY'er, even with a video.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

Yeah, I've had my UIM off so many times I had to replace the bolts and chase the threads on the LIM because they were wearing out. Now if I showed you guys a video of it, it would look to different because of the 3L UIM on there.

The trans issue... well, it's a bit advanced for the average DIY'er, even with a video.

Yeah, but I've never considered myself average, and I want the video!

I will probably just get a trans when I get back from...wherever I am going. It'll be cheaper then anyway. Then I'll build it myself, I guess.

Have you installed a quaife Brad?

warmonger

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Never touched a MTX75 trans other than to separate it from the engine or put it back on. Well... other than a slave cylinder, but that's not really trans work.

I don't know if it's any different than any rear end as far as setting pinion/gear lash and side load, but the principals I'm sure are the same.

Did your unit get activated Tom???

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Never touched a MTX75 trans other than to separate it from the engine or put it back on. Well... other than a slave cylinder, but that's not really trans work.

I don't know if it's any different than any rear end as far as setting pinion/gear lash and side load, but the principals I'm sure are the same.

Did your unit get activated Tom???

Since its on the news, there is no OPSEC violation in telling you that yes, 1st Cav Div in Ft. Hood has received deployment orders. That is why I am trying to get as much done as I can beforehand and why I will probably wait to fabricate the intercooler until I get back...that is if KEYSER EVER GETS BACK TO ME!
If I shout he will call.

warmonger

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard