Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I'm batting around the idea of putting silver stripes down the bottoms of my doors "Mustang" style (think GT350), only with "Contour" or something in there. Any opinions? Car is black with stock SE 8 spoke rims. If someone could add some of these stripes on a pic I'd be thankful.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
interesting idea. though i think it would work better on an svt using "svt". "contour" unfortunately might be taken as just lame, like doing the same thing on an accord or something.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I think it would look really good in gray or silver, but don't put Contour! Put CDW27 instead, it'll look better, and you'll get WAY more people asking you questions about your car!

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
How about just the stripes and nothing else?

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I actually thought about doing this too, seeing that I already have the racing stripes. I thought about either doing 2 or the 3 like the Stang. I was going to have it say "SVT", but put that towards the rear I hope you do this and post some pics because I may do this too, but you'll be the first though

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I appreciate the input guys. I'm fortunate enough to have access to a vinyl plotter and lots of vinyl at work, so it would be no problem posing as a guinea pig for this experiment. Anyone have ideas as to what text I should put in the stripes besides "Contour"? I thought about GT 2.5, but that seems sorta poser-like since there never was a GT Tour. Anyway, still taking suggestions!

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I think for starters you should try and make the stripes the same size as the ones on the Stang. Next I'd try a dual stripe set up, but in proportion to the rock guard Looking forward to seeing the pics and being the guinne pig, if you wanna call yourself that

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
the gt 2.5 is definitely bad. the cdw27 is an interesting idea. i've considered it for my license plate. i'd actually do "ford" before i'd do "contour". the contour name doesn't carry weight like "ford" or "svt" would or an established make like mustang.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by hmouta:
the gt 2.5 is definitely bad. the cdw27 is an interesting idea. i've considered it for my license plate. i'd actually do "ford" before i'd do "contour". the contour name doesn't carry weight like "ford" or "svt" would or an established make like mustang.

I agree, using "GT" would be bad. How about "Duratec"?
Or 2.5 H.O.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I'd stay away from the 2.5 H.O. unless he's got the SVT engine in there. I do like the CDW27 idea because that will bring on alot of questions to those who don't know I still wanna see the pics when your done, thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard