Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Ok! My wife checked into the EconoLodge and we will need to be able to verify at least 10 rooms to even talk discount for Huntsville. So far, we know that 1)Heather, 2)my wife and I, & 3)Neal are the only ones that I know of right now that are staying in Huntsville Friday night. So let's see a show of hands on who else will be staying at the EconoLodge.

As of right now we have 10 rooms reserved for the nights of the 25th and 26th at $34.00 a night for 2 people. There will be 5 rooms with two queen beds and 5 with one king bed. If you will only be staying one night let me know. We have not signed a contract on these yet, it is in the mail, and can be adjusted within the next 10 days. We will need info like smoking or non-smoking, one bed or two, how many nights and of course First and Last names. Information on deposit will come after everyone has forwarded me the information above and I sign the contract, which should be with the next 10 days.

Oh yeah, We got the sign! All I have to do is call the hotel in Huntsville with what we want it to say. Should we put "Welcome CEGer's" or "Welcome Contour Enthusiast Group!". They will probably want us to go with CEGer's because it is smaller, but we got it non the less.

If you are wondering why we reserved the rooms for two nights is because I know that some had said that they did not want to stay in two different hotels during the weekend, but mostly because this way we will know the rooms are there and not have to hurry up and book a room before hand. Like I said, these rooms are not going anywhere. At least until I sign the contract.

It seems that planning for Nashville, on that following Saturday, is really taking off and it seems that an extra day might be in the works. doccs98svt was checking into hotel accomidations off of I-65, so please post here or PM doc for your accomidations. Some of you might want to stay up in Nashville Saturday night because I think Sunday will include some serious traveling, so to save on gas it might be smarter to stay in Nashville Saturday night.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I will be staying. And I'll PM you with my information. Also, if we don't get 10, do we just call them up and book on our own?

We got a sign! LOL

Last edited by GLChick'95; 03/06/03 05:32 PM.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
I will be staying. And I'll PM you with my information. Also, if we don't get 10, do we just call them up and book on our own?

We got a sign! LOL

Staying in Nashville?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Just to clarify, these rooms that I have reserved are for Huntsville only. Like I said, doccs98svt will be handling Nashville.

I will check into what will happen if we do not get 10 rooms. They stated that all terms and conditions would be in the contract that they are mailing me today.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
Originally posted by GLChick'95:

We got a sign! LOL

Staying in Nashville?

**Slapping forehead*** Duh! Yeah..sorry. I will be staying in Huntsville. Just talked to my friend and she is coming! Woohoo! See ya'll there..but I'm sure we'll continue talking about it for the next 50 days (and counting ).

'95 GL White I've got mods.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
A little update on the room situation for Huntsville....

We will find out in the morning about deposit information. Will update everyone on that then.

As for room rates... The rate that we have right now is about $10 dollars off the standard, but we can do better. What we are going to do is ask for online prices. This will take the two person rooms down around 32 bucks a night and a single person room down to around 30 bucks. We should still be able to get this price even if we do not have 10 rooms, but it does give us more leverage. I have some PM's to get out, to see if some are still coming. As of right now, it is looking good though.

Also, just to let everyone know, it will not matter if you want one or two beds. The prices will be the same. All rooms have data ports (that is a fancy way of saying that the room has an extra phone line for us laptop toatin' folks!), fridges and of course 25" TV. Yes they are color too! I tell ya I went all out on this one guys. Ok! My wife set this up, not me.

Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by unisys12:
A little update on the room situation for Huntsville....

We will find out in the morning about deposit information. Will update everyone on that then.

As for room rates... The rate that we have right now is about $10 dollars off the standard, but we can do better. What we are going to do is ask for online prices. This will take the two person rooms down around 32 bucks a night and a single person room down to around 30 bucks. We should still be able to get this price even if we do not have 10 rooms, but it does give us more leverage. I have some PM's to get out, to see if some are still coming. As of right now, it is looking good though.

Also, just to let everyone know, it will not matter if you want one or two beds. The prices will be the same. All rooms have data ports (that is a fancy way of saying that the room has an extra phone line for us laptop toatin' folks!), fridges and of course 25" TV. Yes they are color too! I tell ya I went all out on this one guys. Ok! My wife set this up, not me.

Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know.

This is excellent!!!

We need to stay on top of this! Phillip and I talked about this last nite. All we really need to do in this thread is to work out the people that are coming to stay in Huntsville so that Phil and his wife can get this concrete.

So remember, if you don't help them out...you may be sleeping in your car...

This thread's ONLY function is for reservation and hotel info!

If you have an activities question go to the Nashville date thread.

At this point we need a definitive head count to start with. There is also a matter of fundage (is that a word?) that Phillip can go over about the standard hotel stuff like deposits and such.

Heather, I need you to contact the NECO guys and see if they have posted in their forum or will post and they need to make sure to get a list to us here.

Guys remember to thank Phil and his wife for getting the rooms when you get a chance.

The countdown continues.

Thanks for making the whole weekend one to remember!

REMEMBER TO CHECK IN HERE!
Next post will have a form you can edit.
Just click quote and edit the quote with the required info

L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
CHECK IN FORM

CEG Screenname:

How many beds?

How many coming with you?

Will they be in the same room?

PM sent to who with your contact info?
1. Richard - sosaudio1?
2. Phillip - Unisys12?
3. Both

Once we receive your contact info, Phillip and I will compare PM's to make sure everyones info is accounted for and then we will pour the concrete in to solidify your reservations. The contact info will also help us in case you are late, broke down, lost, etc. So that we can help you if an emergency should arise.

Thanks
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
For those of us staying in Huntsville Friday and/or Saturday night! Update!

Room rates are as follows...

Single Room (one person) will cost $30.00 a night
Double Room (two people) will cost $34.00 a night

These prices are under current online prices...

Current online prices as of right now are $36.95 and $43.95, respectively. We are getting a group rate, which is why it is lower then online prices. After we guarantee these rooms we can still get lower rates, if you see that the price has went down online, below the price we have right now, then let us know and Kim can request that we get that new rate. Yes she has done it before.

Bear in mind that these rooms are booked for two nights. We did this, so that those who want to stay two nights can and those that will not, need to let us know so that we can adjust your registration. It will make no difference in the price of the room.

Deposit will be $18.00 for each room. All 10 rooms are reserved as of right now. To guarantee the rooms, we will have to pay the deposit. Now this is why it will be so important for everyone that is staying in Huntsville to let us know ASAP, because after my wife and I find out how many will be staying, we will pay the deposits on all rooms in one lump sum after collecting the deposits. Also, the deposit is taken off the price of your room so that is a plus.

As of this morning, we have 10 rooms reserved, 5 rooms with 1 bed and 5 rooms with 2 beds. All I need now is to find out who else will be staying so that we can move foward with everyone else. Don't worry about sending deposits yet! I will let everyone know when the time comes.

To answer the question, "what happens if we don't have 10 people?". It will not be a problem. The room rates will be the same even if it is just the three of us.

The sign!!! Dude do we have a sign. Kim confirmed with the hotel in Huntsville this morning the avaliablity of the sign. The sign will read, "Welcome Contour Enthusiast Group!" Below that, "www.contour.org". Talk about some serious representing!! Way to go Kim!!

Anway! As of right now I think that is about it. Just waiting on everyone else to get in touch with me here or by PM with your information. We still have just over a month until the meet and I hate to sound like I am rushing everyone. I am not trying to. I just want us to have all this taken care of before hand. Of course we can adjust as needed up until the 10th of April.

This is gonna be so much damn fun!!
Originally posted by Kim:

(Kim the wife) If anyone has any problems with the hotel while we are there, please let me know and I will take care of it. If some one needs a room who did not tell me in advance after we get there let me know and I will try to get you a room at the group rate like every one else.

Oh yeah I asked about the outdoor pool and they said that weather permitting it will be open... BRING YOUR SWIMSUITS!!! OH beleive me we will be dunkin folks in it I swear, rather your asleep or not......
wouldn't we love to see every one in a bathing suit...
don't take it personally guys I just like having fun
thanks
Kim

I take no responsiblity to what was said in the quote above. I just want to make that clear to everyone right now!

U
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Got the contract in the mail today. Everything is set! We have everything worked out. So if you know of anyone that will be coming to Huntsville on the 25th and will need a room, send them to me and I will get them set-up with whatever they will need. As far as the room goes anyway!

Here is the list of rates as stated in the contract on a per night basis (we currently have all rooms reserved to two nights, but let me know how long you will be staying and we can change it)...

Doubles - with up to 4 guests per room
2 guests - $34 + tax of $4.40 = $38.40
3 guests - $38 + tax of $4.80 = $42.80
4 guests - $42 + tax of $5.20 = $47.20

Single - with up to 2 guests per room
1 guest - $30 + tax of $4.00 = $34.00
2 guest - $34 + tax of $4.40 = $38.40

So far we have 3 singles and 4 doubles left open. Check in time is 3 o'clock. We asked and they told us that we could not check in any sooner, so those of us planning on getting into Huntsville before three will have to hang at Rich's house (man I hope you are off work that day! ) or take that chance to go grab a few things for your stay. You can of course check in after 3. Signed contract is not due back until April 15th, but I would still like to get everyones rooms set up by the 10th if possible. And of course changes can be made up until the 15th.

Also, just to reiderate a few things so that they are clear to everyone... we do not have to have all 10 rooms full to get this rate. If the number goes up or down, it does not matter, the rate will stay the same. If you notice a lower price quoted online at this hotel, please let me know and I will get us that rate or lower. Right now we are still below online prices! These prices will not go up, but can come down if we catch them at a lower rate.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard