Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
BDR Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
who cares wat they look like, as long as they work!
i might be in on a set!

2000 CSVT (SOLD) #531/2150 now 2003 WRX !FINALLY SPONSORED! "Big Pimpin, Never Slippin"
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
NECO says

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
QUOTED FROM StreetConcepts (NECO MOD)

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by AutumnOrange:
There is only soo many ways you can make shorty headers for the cougar. MSDS was the very first company to do so. These headers are similar, but different in design. Look at MSDS pics then look at mine.

There will be no warranty against fires. I don't even know why this is an issue. I have the SF Turbo Kit installed on my car using T-301 Stainless Steel which is Polished and running much higher exhaust temps and I have NO ISSUES what so ever. I think the point is simple. Don't believe everything you read on NECO. People who have MSDS headers are going to support MSDS cause that is what they have. People who dislike me for whatever reason are going to support MSDS cause its only right to go against me. In time, I am sure my headers will prove themselves and I will not have to worry about the drama. Now I will say again, please no drama on the boards. If you don't like them, not intereted... fine post... but if you are here to simply start stuff, I would ask nicely you withdrawl future posts. I came to this board to offer the deal to CEG. I will continue to offer them to CEG since I am sure others will not prolong the drama from a NECO post such as yourself.

Thanks

They look incredibly close to MSDS....LOL.

Too bad you didn't post this sooner, I may have been swayed to purchase your headers, since they are S/S. But alas, I have my MSDS headers already. Great price, though. I'm sure they'll produce similar results to the MSDS results.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hi AutumnOrange
I am interested, but I would really like to see a before/after dyno. I dont really care if they are the same as the MSDS ones, but since you say they are different, then they might have different gains.

Also, can you give us more information on the Y-Pipe? Is it similar to any others? Hi-Flow cat? Stainless?

And since this is a group buy, shouldnt the price be cheaper than normally advertised? (They are going for the same price on your site)

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
B
BDR Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
can you sell them without the y-pipe?

2000 CSVT (SOLD) #531/2150 now 2003 WRX !FINALLY SPONSORED! "Big Pimpin, Never Slippin"
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
They are similar, but how else do you guys think you are going to fit everything in that tight area? Aint much room for adjustments.....

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I swear some of these people don't think! How many other ways are there to build shorty headers for the Duratec??? Like none? So what they look identical, almost every single quasi-dual cat-back available to the Duratec Contour looks identical anyway. I don't see people complain about that! I'd take these SS headers over the MSDS just for the fact that they're SS instead of some cheesy ceremic coated mild-steel that rust after a year!

The only problem I have with this header, its Y-pipe doesn't fit most Contours. Only some Contours use the 3-flange Y-pipe, most use the 2-flange Y-pipe.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
96BlackSE, you have made your point and are about to become a nuisance and an agitator - both in this post and the one AutumnOrange placed in the Duratec Performnce forum. What are you, some kind of CEG stalker?

I just spent almost $700 for a set of MSDS headers last month so I have the right to comment here â?? and I am familiar with the past controversy! I say let these guys offer an alternative to the MSDS system in peace.

Think about the large number of manufacturers that are making 5.0L mustang shorty headers. Except for differences in materials, coatings and in some cases workmanship, they all look roughly the same to me. They all bolt to the same engine and attach to the same stock exhaust system points. They all have to fit in the same restricted space.

Certainly there was a company somewhere that offered the first shorty header design for that platform. Equally certain there is to this day some crazy fool running about with his hair on fire telling anyone who will listen that so and so was first and you shouldnâ??t buy from anyone else because their product is a rip-off.

Incidentally, do to market pressure, competition, and demand, 5.0L headers have become so inexpensive that they are within the financial reach of any enthusiast.

Let it rest! There is a time-honored solution to the problem of intellectual property and design theft in this country. It is called the legal system!

Unless these guys are breaking the law by offering this product, they deserve to be allowed to market it based on its own merits.

If they are breaking some law, then I think Marty at MSDS is very capable of handling this on his own without you being involved. Just the fact that you could be wrong is reason enough to shut up about it.

This website serves the interests of a much larger group of contour enthusiast than just you and your pet peeve. I donâ??t think it is in CEGâ??s interest for members to harass any of the few vendors who actually offer something for our cars.

You got a problem with these guys selling headers! Spend your energy convincing MSDS to take them to court. Harassing and slandering someone who is legally offering their product for sale is a criminal offense in itself (think about that!).

In my case, well, I am a capitalist at heart and Iâ??ve always liked the look of T-304 stainless steelâ?¦

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
JEDsContour - Exactly, the quality is the difference between the headers... Why don't you let customcougars answer in which third world country these were made?
Who need R&D when you can just copy something else...

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard